General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

16 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Didn't the end of Civil War imply that Captain America rescued everyone from the ocean prison? Been a while since I last watched it. I've been actively avoiding all Infinity War trailers though so maybe this was already addressed in the trailers.

I'd argue no.  Cap went to Wakanda to heal up with Black Panther and his crew.  Could he have broken them out after he got good?  Maybe--Winter Soldier was still hanging around in Wakanda at the "end" Black Panther so who really knows....

I just can't believe Antman would be still on lock down or not being hunted by the time Antman hits cinemas.

2 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

Didn't the end of Civil War imply that Captain America rescued everyone from the ocean prison? Been a while since I last watched it. I've been actively avoiding all Infinity War trailers though so maybe this was already addressed in the trailers.

Yeah, like there’s basically a scene showing this. 

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Yeah, like there’s basically a scene showing this. 

So, which scene is that?

All you get at the end of Civil War is Iron Man leaving the prison after chatting up the inmates.

And Cap is still in recovery in Wakanda.

I mean, yeah Cap sends him that phone in the mail if he has to get up with him, but he was never on that floating prison so....

Based on the extra scene in Black Panther, Winter Soldier is hanging out in some remote part of Wakanda with ____ from Black Panther's "team."

Depending on the "true" timeline of Antman and the Wasp would depend if its before he joined forces in Civil War OR if it is post prison break from that facility in Civil War.

42 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

So, which scene is that?

All you get at the end of Civil War is Iron Man leaving the prison after chatting up the inmates.

And Cap is still in recovery in Wakanda.

I mean, yeah Cap sends him that phone in the mail if he has to get up with him, but he was never on that floating prison so....

Based on the extra scene in Black Panther, Winter Soldier is hanging out in some remote part of Wakanda with ____ from Black Panther's "team."

Depending on the "true" timeline of Antman and the Wasp would depend if its before he joined forces in Civil War OR if it is post prison break from that facility in Civil War.

You can see it right here (the relevant scene starts around 2:14):

It's actually not so much implied as pretty explicitly stated: Cap rescued everyone from the prison.

Twice recently the bad movie night I do with a few friends became good movie night when we accidentally discovered Tuff Turf and The Legend of Billie Jean. Suddenly I have an affinity for teenage rebellion movies from the 80s. Anyone have any recommendations? :P

16 minutes ago, Laclipsey said:

Twice recently the bad movie night I do with a few friends became good movie night when we accidentally discovered Tuff Turf and The Legend of Billie Jean. Suddenly I have an affinity for teenage rebellion movies from the 80s. Anyone have any recommendations? :P

The Lost Boys?