Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alienboyva

Discord wants to bring the app to Switch

Posted (edited)

Discord is interested in bringing the app to Switch...

As cool as this would be, I'm not sure the Switch allows for stuff like this, since I don't think it can run other apps in the background while playing a game. Plus, I think Nintendo would want you to use their app instead + there's also Nintendo's safety reasons, so they may not allow the app on the Switch. If they do, you might only be able to use it when the app is open, which kinda defeats the point.

Edited by alienboyva
Kodiack likes this

Yeah... Seems like a pipedream, cool as it would be if it happened.

That'd be really cool if this were able to happen. I talk with my friends over Discord and it's a bit of a hassle when also playing some MK8D, heh.

Ridley Prime likes this

Yeah, pretty sure it doesn't allow apps on in the background.

Let's be realistic here guys. Running apps in the background is complicated business. It's not like the cellphone I had 6 years ago could do that or anything. 

K and Ridley Prime like this

It be nice but yeah I doubt it will work as we would like. Consoles and handhelds seem to be behind on multitasking like phones. Depending on the game for Vita it wouldn't even let you use anything in the background.

not when it will interfere with you paying nintendo for the privilege of using your phone to talk to other people they won't

You already have to pay nintendo to play online, I don't really see the conflict of using an alt app for voice instead of their weird phone app.

That being said, god anything is better than what they are currently doing.