Nintendo Badge Arcade coming to an end

Not sure how many others follow, but they've officially announced that they'll stop releasing new badges for the Nintendo Badge Arcade app on 3DS starting next week. They'll continue to rotate through all the currently existing ones as normal, but for the future the app won't see any new content anymore. End of an era!

I believe the official reason does indeed have to do with the capacity of the 3DS (there's like thousands of unique badges released), so it makes sense that they feel they should discontinue the flow of new content. I wonder if they'll ever start a new version of this app, I think it's a cute idea that should be continued regardless.

Fun F2P app but some of the crane designs just felt so stupid to where you had to knock out specific ones to get only the ones you wanted. I really would only boot it up when it would give multiple free plays but I did pay for plays at times only when I was so close to ones I wanted and didn't get them w/ my free tries.

I've never paid for any plays in the app, because like most crane games, while the gist of the game is alluring and playing is naturally a bit of a thrill, it felt like a lot of the designs in the different cranes were rigged and some of the crane mechanisms were a bit tough to pull off.  Not going to complain otherwise given it's not meant to be easy to win a whole bunch of badges at once, and the free plays it has handed out has resulted in me collecting lots of badges even if a good number of them were ones that were blocking ones I would be more interested in collecting.  Fun app, and I'm glad it's been a successful one for Nintendo...but one I'll say I don't think I missed out on much of otherwise.

I do hope the Arcade Bunny sticks around in some capacity--he's got some pep and charm to him that I like.