Doom series thread

Been keeping up with a bit of news about this since all the new broke.  Glad to see it coming day and date on Switch, too.  Liking all the new additions that make Doom Slayer even more versatile and lethal!

Also read elsewhere that from the gameplay videos it does seem like you can bypass demons when they show up rather than being locked into an area when a wave appears until they're all defeated.  I think there were moments in Doom 2016 that allowed for that but I honestly only ever remember progress being gated until you defeated the wave that appeared.

BTW, I never realized that the "id" in id software was pronounced as if it rhymed with the word did.  I used to always pronounce it with the individual letters like "I", "D".

Edited by Kezay
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have made the decision that I will be double dipping on Doom Eternal.  I played through the Switch Port of Doom 2016 and it was surprisingly good and done very well.  Yeah, it isn't as good as what my PC can pump at Ultra Settings at 60fps but the fact is it is easily the best console port of Doom I have ever played.  I imagine Bethesda is going to do an amazing job on Doom Eternal for the Switch.  Just not sure how my PC which is an FX-8120 (Think that is equivalent high end i5?)  with an Nvidia 970 GT and 16 gigs of DDR3 is going to be able to handle it.  I mean graphics aren't everything and graphics don't even matter to me in 95% of games that I play as long as they aren't a glitchy mess, but when it comes to Doom, it is one of the few games where I truly want THE FULL EXPERIENCE.  I want to be able to run that game at Ultra settings at 1080p (I know 4K would technically be the full experience, but that is not happening till the price of 4K gaming becomes very reasonable).  I don't believe my PC is going to be able to take too much more abuse and I have plans to do a new build over the Spring.  I really can't wait for this game to come out.

Edited by Irondog666
  • 7 months later...

Platforming in Doom Eternal looks great. The balance between high-speed level navigation via platforming and the combat appears to still hold up well compared to the previous Doom. I also like the bright, colorful power-ups. The new sub-weapons I saw (flamethrower, snipper thingy) also looked great. I'm looking forward to playing around with all the new stuff!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

And the Switch date has been revealed... 10/10 game honestly from what I went through with the campaign and everything.

edit: I jumped the shark. That there is a parody account which I didn't look at closely enough at first. :( Just got hyped in the moment and posted.

Edited by Ridley Prime

I forgot that the Switch version of Doom Eternal isn’t out yet. I finished the campaign on Ultra-Violence on my Xbone X, it was real good. 

It’s a shame to hear the Mick Gordon probably won’t be returning to do the next Doom’s soundtrack after  something got messed up with the release of Doom Eternal’s soundtrack. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...