Over the years, I've had the pleasure of being privy to a multitude of fan projects aimed at reorchestrating or remixing the various soundtracks of The Legend of Zelda. Most recently, I stumbled across Hero of Time and, impressed, ordered the gold foil edition for myself just now, which is why there are now only eight left at the time of this writing. I consider myself very lucky.

That feeling of luck belies the dread that comes from the idea of missing out on something special just because you simply weren't aware of it. For that, I have decided to collect all of the great fan reinterpretations of which I know and post them here. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if there are others. If you have one not already listed here, please, by all means, make a post of your own about it. I'll add it to this OP. Preference for downloadable albums, but feel free to post stand-alone songs. They can be licensed or otherwise allowed by Nintendo, or completely unsanctioned.

(Multiple Artists)

• The Legend of Zelda: Essence of Lime
    • Media format(s): Digital download (free) - FLAC, MP3 (CBR 192)
    • Based on: Oracle of Ages
    • Genre(s): Contemporary classical, electronic, neofolk
    • Download delivery method(s): Archive (7Z)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Lime of the Season
    • Media format(s): Digital download (free) - FLAC, MP3 (CBR 224)
    • Based on: Oracle of Seasons
    • Genre(s): Contemporary classical, electronic, neofolk
    • Download delivery method(s): Archive (7Z)
  • Threshold of a Dream
    • Media format(s): Digital download (free) - FLAC, MP3 (VBR L?)
    • Based on: Link's Awakening
    • Genre(s): Contemporary classical, electronic
    • Download delivery method(s): Archive (ZIP; MP3 ONLY), direct (single tracks; MP3 ONLY), torrent
  • 25YEARLEGEND: A Legend of Zelda Indie Game Composer Tribute
    • Media format(s): Digital download (free) - FLAC, MP3
    • Based on: The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword
    • Genre(s): Alternative rock, chiptune, contemporary classical, electronic
    • Download delivery method(s): Archive (ZIP; MP3 ONLY), torrent

Dampé's Keep

• Dampé's Keep
    • Media format(s): Cassette (from USD$15?; NO LONGER AVAILABLE) | Digital download (from free) - AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, MP3 (CBR 320, VBR L0), OGG, WAV | Digital stream (free)
    • Based on: Ocarina of Time
    • Genre(s): Black metal
    • Download delivery method(s): Archive (ZIP), direct (single tracks)
  • Twilight
    • Media format(s): Digital download (from free) - AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, MP3 (CBR 320, VBR L0), OGG, WAV | Digital stream (free)
    • Based on: Twilight Princess
    • Genre(s): Black metal

Eric Buchholz

• Hero of Time
    • Media format(s): Compact disc (from USD$30) | Digital download (from USD$14) - AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, MP3 (CBR 320, VBR L0), OGG, WAV | Digital stream (free)
    • Genre(s): Contemporary classical

Ovid's Withering

• Legend of Zelda Medley
    • Media format(s): Digital download (from free) - AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, MP3 (CBR 320, VBR L0), OGG, WAV | Digital stream (free)
    • Based on: A Link to the Past
    • Genre(s): Groove metal, progressive metal
    • Download delivery method(s): Direct

SwigglesRP

• The Wild
    • Media format(s): Digital download (from USD$5) - AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, MP3 (CBR 320, VBR L0), OGG, WAV | Digital stream (free)
    • Based on: Breath of the Wild
    • Genre(s): Progressive rock, progressive metal

Theophany

• Time's End: Majora's Mask Remixed
    • Media format(s): Digital download (from USD$3) - AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, MP3 (CBR 320, VBR L0), OGG, WAV | Digital stream (free)
    • Based on: Majora's Mask
    • Genre(s): Contemporary classical, dark ambient, neofolk
  • Time's End II: Majora's Mask Remixed
    • Media format(s): Digital download (from USD$3) - AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, MP3 (CBR 320, VBR L0), OGG, WAV | Digital stream (free)
    • Based on: Majora's Mask
    • Genre(s): Contemporary classical, dark ambient, neofolk

Zelda Reorchestrated*

• Ocarina of Time Reorchestrated
    • Media format(s): Digital download (free) - MP3 (CBR 160), OGG (VBR L?) | Digital stream (free)
    • Genre(s): Contemporary classical, neofolk
  • Soundscapes Volume I
    • Media format(s): Digital download (free) - MP3 (CBR 192), OGG (VBR L?) | Digital stream (free)
    • Based on: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess
    • Genre(s): Ambient, contemporary classical, dark ambient, neofolk
  • Soundscapes Volume II
    • Media format(s): Digital download (free) - MP3 (CBR 160), OGG (VBR L?) | Digital stream (free)
    • Based on: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, Twilight Princess
  • Soundscapes Volume III
    • Media format(s): Digital download (free) - MP3 (CBR 192), OGG (VBR L?) | Digital stream (free)
    • Based on: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess
  • Twilight Symphony
    • Media format(s): Compact disc (USD$49.99; NO LONGER AVAILABLE) | Digital download - FLAC** (with order of compact disc; NO LONGER AVAILABLE), MP3 (CBR 320), OGG (free; VBR L?) | Digital stream (free)
    • Based on: Twilight Princess
    • Genre(s): Contemporary classical, dark ambient
    • Download delivery method(s): Archive (ZIP; MP3 AND OGG ONLY), direct (single tracks; MP3 AND OGG ONLY)

* Only listing albums which are complete. See here for the full mirror archive.

** I managed to secure a copy of the compact disc release back when it went up for pre-order. My FLAC download was lost in a hard disk failure, but I can still do a lossless rip from said discs and transfer the resulting files via torrent. Given the general unavailability of the original product, as well as its free availability in other formats, I'm chalking this up to fair use (or whatever). Anyone interested can contact me via PM.

Edited by Schmengland
2 hours ago, Schmengland said:

I love nerd weddings. If I were ever to bother getting married myself, I would mandate something amazing like that. :3

We've always planned to do Mario and Peach cake toppers and then after the first dance, we were going to waltz to an orchestrated version of the underwater theme from the original Mario Bros.

Our wedding wasn't really geeky at all, we just used some geeky music since we had to pick songs for stuff and the only music either of us really listens to is video game and movie soundtracks. :P I would have been happy doing more geeky stuff like that, but hubby prefers more of the fancy stuff, so everything else was pretty normal-like.

• 3 weeks later...