Metroid: Samus Returns announced for Nintendo 3DS (Metroid II remake)

Well I cancelled my preorder on Amazon for the main game in lieu of waiting for the Special Edition to go up. Now I have to debate between preordering it on Gamestop and lose the 20% discount for Prime or wait for Amazon to get it and risk it just selling out. *sigh* it's the stress of the Smash-era amiibo hunt all over again. Hope I can order that Amiibo twin pack

I had to get up from my laptop after I watched this reveal trailer, because I was crying. I've completed the original game twice, and I've played AM2R and disliked that Nintendo shut that project down. Now this gets announced and it's just around the corner. I cannot wait to experience this game, and as someone who put in over 40 hours into Federation Force, you know I'll be putting good time into this release. I love what I've seen. I'm actually still feeling emotional about this. A Metroid adventure that primarily takes place on a 2D plane hasn't been done since 2004, and it looks like the comeback is going to be very badass. They did a fantastic job today.

Edited by IU

Something funny occurred to me. We haven't seen a 2d Metroid since Zero Mission which was a remake of the original Metroid, and now that we are finally getting one it's a remake of Metroid II. After this in anothe 10+ years we'll get a remake of Super Metroid! I'm actually super excited about all the Metroid new. The fact that this one is so close is just a bonus. It just better includes The Tunnel (sorry for crap quality) music though.