Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017

f017ce33ca.png

https://e3.nintendo.com/

June 13, 2017 • 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET

Use this topic to discuss Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017, the video presentation providing a closer look at upcoming Nintendo Switch games launching this year and kicking off Nintendo's E3 activities today. For extended discussion of what's to come, including specific game announcements and details, you are welcome to create any additional topics. You can also join this community's Discord server for live chatting during and after the presentation, so have it your way.

For discussion of Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2017, please use this topic when it unlocks after the Nintendo Spotlight presentation is over.

XFYEfa0.png

That's all from me. Let's have a great one this year!

We'll see if Reggie was right about what will happen during the Spotlight and Treehouse.  Supposedly Spotlight will be quick and to the point with a number of reveals and "first looks" or whatever.  And then Treehouse Live will also have reveals as well.  I think last year Ever Oasis was revealed during Treehouse Live and then on another day revealed Rhythm Heaven Megamix and then announced it was on the eShop directly after the segment ended.

13 minutes ago, Mocha said:

Except more Splatoon 2 and Arms coverage. That's a sizable hype derailment. 👌

giphy.gif

If they spend more than a 10 seconds talking about Arms, then Nintendo fucked up. No one cares about Arms. And we already know enough about Splatoon 2.

This will be the year. THIS WILL FINALLY BE THE YEAR. The year they show what fucking Retro has been working on the last three years ;_;

Edited by luigitornado
14 minutes ago, Mocha said:

considering they have both been blown out (especially ARMs), spending any amount of time on them in a 30 minute direct would be bad, yes

12 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Yeah, ARMS had two full demo weekends and an exclusive Direct. And it comes out on Friday. I hope they spend exactly 0 time on it.

I think if anything they might discuss DLC briefly but there really isn't too much else to say about those two games.  They might could offer a few more details about Splatoon 2 but then again, with a month out from release, they could do another Direct in July to expound on any of that in depth.

Yeah, I'm in agreement about wanting ARMS and Splatoon 2 to be no shows, because of their presence in prior directs and their demo event(s). ARMS should be absent more so than Splatoon 2, and with a 25 minute spotlight time is valuable and I think enough is known about these two games.

Will be checking out the Nintendo Spotlight when I get back from work.

2 minutes ago, luigitornado said:

I bet the big surprise is there will be a Smash port.

Please be wrong.

It's pretty much guaranteed that there will be one so I'm assuming that will be our big surprise.