N4A Movie Night on Wednesday  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What to watch?

• Frozen
    • Pokémon Heroes
    • The Avengers

This poll is closed to new votes

15 hours ago, Mao said:

Should post this here, the link to my livestream channel is livestream.com/maosmovies 

I'll be starting tonight at 7pm pst and doing two Pokemon movies (pokemon heroes and the first one + pikachu shorts) for those who can stay that long.

Curious to know if this is doable and if there's enough interest to make it happen.

Some key questions to consider:

• Who would host and how?
  • When would be a good date and time?
  • What movies could be streamed?
  • Could this be a regular thing, and if so, how often?

If we can really do this, I'd love to see it realized.

Well, I've been told that Google Hangouts is a pretty good place to stream a movie since it'll be a private group type thing,

they won't be able to strike you down with copyright strikes and claims and shut the stream down midway through the movie, which can apparently happen.

i already have an entire thread written up for this, actually, but was still in the brainstorming area of it haha

but we're probably going to want a poll on what times would work best, and a discussion on who would be doing it, where would be best, and how we would decide what to watch

i was also thinking it'd be fun to have it like, two nights a week or something and then one night could be for traditional media like movies and shows and then one for animu since a lot of us are into that flower; 

Edited by chickadee
Just now, chickadee said:

i already had an entire thread written up for this, actually, but was still in the brainstorming area of it

but we're probably going to want a poll on what times would work best, and a discussion on who would be doing it, where would be best, and how we would decide what to watch

i was also thinking it'd be fun to have it like, two nights a week or something and then one night could be for traditional media like movies and shows and then one for animu since a lot of us are into that flower; 

That's cool, I like your ideas. Feel free to post whatever else you had in mind here or elsewhere.

other points to think about after reading over the thread i already have typed up:

• polls on what to watch but a maximum low number needs to be capped so we don't just vote on like 25 different options for each night and polls should probably be at least one day before when we watch so whoever is streaming has time to download and prepare
  • how to handle requests from people getting turned down multiple times because that's not fun and not fair if they're just not the majority
  • how long to stream for each night
  • how to handle watching series if they don't win out a popular vote poll
  • what to do if the streamer can't make it...though we could have more than one obvs

I can stream stuff. I'm already planning on streaming on Wednesdays at 7pm pst movies that I was planning to watch anyways, but if I get regular viewers or if this picks up, I'll do requests too. Can do other night of the week too, but sporadically. I can't guarantee I'll be free every night, and Fridays and the weekends are no since I always do something on those days, but I can work with the other days. And someone else can always stream on a different day, Wednesdays tho I'll always be streaming something.

Can also do animu, premium Crunchyroll  subscriber and access to other means if something isn't on there. 

9 minutes ago, Mao said:

Can also do animu, premium Crunchyroll  subscriber and access to other means if something isn't on there. 

Do you have the Gurren Lagann movies, Gurren-hen/Childhood's End and Lagann-hen/The Lights In The Sky Are Stars if I may ask?

JP Name/ENG Name.

Edited by Sun

It depends on the route everyone wants to take, I guess. The classic "one person streams, others watch" can work fine, but as mentioned, might also be subject to be taken down. Then the option falls to more secure methods like Google hangouts. Another, slightly more complicated method would be something like Syncplay. But that would rely on everyone having the same files downloaded to view, which could be a problem for many.