Bubsy returns!

6 minutes ago, Gold said:

who the fuck is bubsy

One of the more... interesting mascots in video game history.

And that's not in a good way.

Edit: Wait a minute. How was this published 13 hours ago and no one else has reported on it aside from Gematsu?

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/accolade-returns-announces-bubsy-woolies-strike-back-ps4-pc

Seems a bit fishy here.

Edited by Fuzzer1

Was Bubsy ever popular?

It's getting hard to tell whether this is supposed to be ironic or not.  Like, I assume Bubsy is probably shit, but did it come full circle to where people legitimately wanted a new Bubsy?

Edited by Cryptic
57 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

Was Bubsy ever popular?

It's getting hard to tell whether this is supposed to be ironic or not.  Like, I assume Bubsy is probably shit, but did it come full circle to where people legitimately wanted a new Bubsy?

For what it's worth, the Bubsy Two-Fur available on Steam has about 10,075 owners (according to Steam Spy), so gamers weren't terrible interested in that Bubsy collection.

I don't think people legitimately want a new Bubsy game. I feel like it's meant to be ironic. Then again, it's being developed by Black Forest Games, the company that handled the Giana Sisters reboot. And Twisted Dreams actually turned out quite good. It's possible, given what Black Forest is capable of, that this might be a decent platformer. It's just got the stigma of the Bubsy name.

1 hour ago, Cryptic said:

Was Bubsy ever popular?

The first one sold fairly well, and just about everyone I knew back in 1993 had the damn thing. It rode Sonic's coat tails pretty damn hard, but it worked.

I still can't believe this actually happened. Bubsy wasn't a blast from the past, he was a blast from the ass, and I'm glad I was oblivious to his existence back in the day, only learning of him through certain big youtubers and such. I get he was kind of an icon back then, but if there's some things that nostalgia just shouldn't bring back, this is one of them.