My grandma passed away yesterday.

Last month, my grandma had to have a nasty surgery after Mother's Day in which they were going to see about helping her with her diverticulitis, but in the end, because of it being dead, they had to remove her colon.  For a while, my aunt and uncle said she was getting better or at least seeming stronger, but I had this feeling she wasn't going to make it for much longer.  Eventually, she was supposed to go for therapy as she would be sent to a swing bed, but eventually, my feeling came true as she had to have another surgery.  This time, her bowels got twisted and they had to do at little of what surgery they could before they washed her out and taped her up to let the fluid build up (or drain out, I forget) before they could go back in which was supposed to be today.  However, right as I was going to bed on Monday night, I got a call from my aunt saying the doctor said things weren't looking good for my grandma.

Yesterday as I was trying to get a nap, my cousin Trista and her fiancé, Rolan came to my door and I saw my cousin was crying.  My grandma wasn't dead, at least not yet, so they brought me to the hospital for my grandma's final moments before they pulled the plug on her at around 5:30.

Surprisingly, I was the only one there who didn't cry.  Don't get me wrong, I loved my grandma a lot, but after being in the situation I was when my dad died, I think that moment hardened me, not to mention I pretty much called it.  Still, it's going to be surreal thinking of this world being without her, not being able to hear her voice again.

It's pretty ironic, I figured it would be her aneurisms that got her, but it was the diverticulitis that did it.  Still, I can't say the irony is a happy one.

We're going to see about having the wake this Friday and funeral the day after.  We're hoping it works out that way.

I guess the reason I'm making this is that this is my karma for doing what I did on Smash Bros. last year, as well as I just hope you guys can just keep my family in your thoughts.

I had to look up up what diverticulitis even was, sounds like all kinds of terrible and it's a shame things had to take a turn for the worst before they could get around to the therapy. So sorry for your loss but don't blame it on karma over something silly you did in a game. No idea if you're in shock as to why you didn't outwardly express any grief like crying or something like that but letting little details like that get ahead of your thoughts will have you blaming yourself for things that had nothing to do with your grandmother's passing. With that being said, here's hoping for the best for you and your family as you all cope with this.

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

I had to look up up what diverticulitis even was, sounds like all kinds of terrible and it's a shame things had to take a turn for the worst before they could get around to the therapy. So sorry for your loss but don't blame it on karma over something silly you did in a game. No idea if you're in shock as to why you didn't outwardly express any grief like crying or something like that but letting little details like that get ahead of your thoughts will have you blaming yourself for things that had nothing to do with your grandmother's passing. With that being said, here's hoping for the best for you and your family as you all cope with this.

Thanks for the support.