Friday the 13th - First free DLC June 20

Anyone else here get this yet? I mean besides being plagued with connection issues and random crashes, it's an absolute blast to play. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like these types of games, doesn't play online, and hasn't seen a single Friday the 13th movie shy;

I downloaded it on Friday and already have over 24 hours play time on it. 

Edited by EH_STEVE

I was hanging out with one of my friends this past weekend who was telling me about it and saying he really likes it. What I found somewhat odd and funny was that he lets his 11 year old daughter play it and she and her cousin who's a couple of years older apparently freaking love the game. He said she plays it more than him and has a blast, lol. I was like well damn, if it doesn't give her bloody nightmares, I guess that's cool. But from what he described, the system of the matches actually sounded pretty cool. I won't get it cuz my internet can't handle these games that are all online based but if I ever got access to a better connection, I wouldn't mind trying games like that.

4 minutes ago, The Guardian Mew said:

It seems like a lot of fun. If I had the money to spare, I'd already have it. :P What are you playing it on, Steve?

XBox 1.

The game crashes or connections fuck up about 20% of the time. But when you get a good lobby and a nice full round in, it's an absolute blast.

I've been in lobbies where we've killed Jason, which requires massive teamwork to pull off. Ones where the players (counselors or Jason) do character-appropriate voicing. One time the guy playing Jason did a Donald Duck voice the whole time, he chopped down the door to a cabin I was in and went "HEEEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!! WAHHHHHHHH!!!" in the voice and I lost my shit laughing.

Even when you're dead, or escaped, and you're spectating it's fun since you can talk to the others while you watch, so it's legit like watching a horror movie cuz you're like "uh oh... don't open that door.. don't open it.... RUN BITCH!!" etc.

The servers though... they're the real murderer.

• 2 weeks later...

Patch has been out for a couple days on the XBox One version. Quick Play ACTUALLY works, and the game doesn't crash as much. It still needs work, but this team is diligently patching everything gamers throw at them on twitter. I'm still putting in about 2 hours a day on it.