Pokémon Direct 6.6.17

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

pokken looked pretty good... nice extra fighters.

seems a little soon for alt sun and moon w'o stars...the again there is e3 next week.

Word. It seems as if they're rushing it out. Gotta make that dough.

I have literally zero interest in Pokken and I'm pretty :| about Crystal being skipped over.

Cautiously optimistic about Ultra Sun/Moon, though. I generally like the sequel/second versions of games better (especially BW2 which was miles better than BW1) and I really liked Sun/Moon. I guess I'll see what all it entails.

1 minute ago, chickadee said:

why does it have that dumb cutesy face

it looks like it fused with necrozma, why it look like that 

get in the bag, nebby

i'm sure this is their way of making necrozma relevant

Edited by Yuki

Not a fan of these Deluxe versions of games for the Switch. They should have just released the new characters as DLC for the Wii U version. Won't be buying Pokken DX.

New games akin to Black 2 and White 2 in the form of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I see Necrozma is combining with Solgaleo and Lunala... just like Kyurem did with Reshiram and Zekrom... well, that is sadly underwhelming now that I just made that connection...

Gold and Silver on 3DS Virtual Console. Yeeeeeeeeeees! Unfortunate that there is no Crystal Version to go with G/S, but I can finally get Silver version back after the internal battery died and stopped saving. I wonder if the Pokemon duplication exploit will still be there? And I wonder if they will have connectivity with Red/Blue/Yellow?

3 minutes ago, Gold said:

Which was exactly what BW2 was. Slightly alternate story and character designs, with the main legendaries fusing with the third one

Hmm, okay. When you put it that way I guess it makes sense. Though the fact that they're not being called sequels this time makes it seem to me like they won't even be that much different over the original games versus BW/BW2, especially given the difference in release times.

3 minutes ago, Lt. Surge said:

Not a fan of these Deluxe versions of games for the Switch. They should have just released the new characters as DLC for the Wii U version. Won't be buying Pokken DX.

New games akin to Black 2 and White 2 in the form of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I see Necrozma is combining with Solgaleo and Lunala... just like Kyurem did with Reshiram and Zekrom... well, that is sadly underwhelming now that I just made that connection...

Gold and Silver on 3DS Virtual Console. Yeeeeeeeeeees! Unfortunate that there is no Crystal Version to go with G/S, but I can finally get Silver version back after the internal battery died and stopped saving. I wonder if the Pokemon duplication exploit will still be there? And I wonder if they will have connectivity with Red/Blue/Yellow?

Word. My Silver's battery is shot so I'm hyped at the chance to play it again.

1 minute ago, Chrom said:

There is no discernible reason why they aren't releasing Crystal when they also released Yellow alongside Red/Blue on VC. Which sucks because Crystal actually is the best version of Gen 2.

Yea, but it's better than nothing. I'm just glad that they're releasing any of the Gen 2 games.

12 minutes ago, Chrom said:

There is no discernible reason why they aren't releasing Crystal when they also released Yellow alongside Red/Blue on VC. Which sucks because Crystal actually is the best version of Gen 2.

yeah but i wanted a real reason, not just THEY SHOULD DO IT BECAUSE IM ENTITLED TO IT 

if u think crystal is the best that's one thing tho and that's cool i guess

i can't remember much about crystal so like...i just don't care lol

i can enjoy gen 2 without eusine breathing down my neck about his dog theydonothing; 

1 minute ago, Youngster Joey said:

Saying BW2 was just alternate story and character designs is kind of under-selling it. BW2 featured new characters, new locations, new scenarios, and a ton of content. Ultra Sun & Moon looks like a shy update.

U.SuMo could be all of that too

In the what, 30 seconds we had, we saw the starting area, a new area, new legendaries (exactly like BW2s legendaries), and they said new storyline.

Just now, Chrom said:

Probably the Celebi and Goldenrod stuff that was in the Japanese version.

14 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

Saying BW2 was just alternate story and character designs is kind of under-selling it. BW2 featured new characters, new locations, new scenarios, and a ton of content. Ultra Sun & Moon looks like a shy update.

idk man, i don't mind under-selling it bc i don't think it was very....great

compared to other pokemon games it was certainly lacking a lot of oomph for me 

i have higher hopes for ultra sumo mostly because sumo on their own were very strong entries to the series....but i am hoping for more than a shy update if i'm gonna be spending 40 dollars