Switch paid online now coming in 2018 for $20 a year

• alienboyva changed the title to Switch paid online now coming in 2018 for $20 a year

Is the "monthly game selection" still a thing, or did they get rid of that because no one wants to rent an old game for one month? Also I really want to know what the parameters are on this Classic Game Selection, specifically whether it will include Mario Party 2/3 so I can play online with my friends.

Also $20 is pretty good.

Edited by Young P
2 minutes ago, Young P said:

Is the "monthly game selection" still a thing, or did they get rid of that because no one wants to rent an old game for one month? Also I really want to know what the parameters are on this Classic Game Selection, specifically whether it will include Mario Party 2/3 so I can play online with my friends.

Also $20 is pretty good.

They got rid of it. It's supposed to be a growing library now, like Netflix and other services.

2 minutes ago, Chrom said:

Oh yeah, the way they talk about it makes it sound just like the Instant Game Collection too, though with Virtual Console games.

Ah as long as the games don't expire after per month, it sounds way better than before.

10 minutes ago, Chrom said:

I guess? Don't see why they can't coexist.

I'm pretty sure the only way they coexist is if they have entirely different selections, perhaps separated by console (i.e. Gamecube and up are available for purchase on VC, N64 and down are only on the service, or something like that), otherwise I think this replaces VC entirely.

3 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

If you get a game to play each month then the net cost is still free arguably.

I don't want those games though. I already have so many outlets to get at them through. I'd rather just be able to play online for free.