The Lady Liberty - N4A Chat Thread, June 2017

1 minute ago, Celica said:

It went well! My vision is still improving, but it's doing so every day. flower; Next appointment is on Wednesday to do a vision check.

That must be the one week check-up then. How's the recovery going?

What kind of treatment did you get? I got the "blade" for the flap (quicker then the laser flap) and then the Advanced Custom Wavefront (since it takes away less tissue and I have larger than average pupils)

My procedure was TransPRK, which effectively just burns through the cornea instead of cutting it, or something like that. The doctor recommended that option to me over the others because it would be better specifically for my left eye, which has a very thin cornea and some other issues. I also had an extra procedure done on that troublesome left eye called a cross-linking, which effectively stengthens my cornea and makes it less likely that I'll need to have the surgery done again.

Recovery is doing okay. The day of the surgery was hell after my anesthetic wore out, mostly because I was so light sensitive. I was sitting in our darkened balthroom with the lights off and my sunglasses on and it was still too bright. hamcry; Each day since then has been a bit better. On Friday, they took off my bandage contacts.

At this point, mostly it's just a matter of seeing how my vision improves. The right eye is definitely much better, but the left will take longer to correct because it's far-sighted, so we wait and see. I'm mostly leaning on my right eye (which isn't perfect but can see well enough, and definitely much better than it could without glasses previously) to get around and it serves me fine.

And of course eyedrops. Lots and lots of eyedrops.

27 minutes ago, Celica said:

My procedure was TransPRK, which effectively just burns through the cornea instead of cutting it, or something like that. The doctor recommended that option to me over the others because it would be better specifically for my left eye, which has a very thin cornea and some other issues. I also had an extra procedure done on that troublesome left eye called a cross-linking, which effectively stengthens my cornea and makes it less likely that I'll need to have the surgery done again.

Recovery is doing okay. The day of the surgery was hell after my anesthetic wore out, mostly because I was so light sensitive. I was sitting in our darkened balthroom with the lights off and my sunglasses on and it was still too bright. hamcry; Each day since then has been a bit better. On Friday, they took off my bandage contacts.

At this point, mostly it's just a matter of seeing how my vision improves. The right eye is definitely much better, but the left will take longer to correct because it's far-sighted, so we wait and see. I'm mostly leaning on my right eye (which isn't perfect but can see well enough, and definitely much better than it could without glasses previously) to get around and it serves me fine.

And of course eyedrops. Lots and lots of eyedrops.

PRK has much longer recovery no? I remember I got mine done on Friday and was basically fine by Sunday. Went back to work Monday.

Friday and Saturday was just me sitting in the dark, with sunglasses. Taking 45 minute naps because I needed to put in eyedrops every hour. 

Did you refrigerate some of your eye drops? The soothe is top tier.

Edited by EH_STEVE

Yeah, the official directions even told me to refrigerate them, though it doesn't seem to make much of a difference to me.

And, yeah, TransPRK has the longest recovery time of the available procedures. Tuesday I spent in the dark listening to music and not eating. By Wednesday I was able to retreat from the dark of the bathroom to the dark of the bedroom and be a bit more comfortable, and I upgraded to audiobooks since I was able to concentrate a bit more. By Thursday I could use my phone a bit, and fully by Friday, then a bit of PC over the weekend. Now, I mostly feel okay, I just need frequently eyedrops and I can't see super clearly yet.

Were I working, I would feel good enough to go to work today, and I guess I kind of technically did since I wrote up an article for SF and also did the Cipher art compilation and a few other things.

Edited by Celica

My fiancee bought some skin cream with the bit of fake-tan in it so she can avoid sunglass tan-lines. So I wanted to see how well it works. Last night was night 5 of putting it on my left foot only. I'm never barefoot outside the house, so my pale-ass feet never get any sun. So I thought it'd be funny to test out the product on one foot only. I'll post pics if it gets hilarious.

57 minutes ago, Weaver said:

Was chatting with the 14 yo girl at work about the steam summer sale and she recommended to the moon for me and this game is already fucking me up 😰

If you think you're fucked up now, just you wait. 

To The Moon is great, but my goodness.

10 minutes ago, Shion said:

I'm confused. is snake eater a game or a movie with ps2 graphics?

hello welcome to metal gear solid

the biggest problem with MGS3 and MGS4 is that they don't let you play enough between story beats