The Lady Liberty - N4A Chat Thread, June 2017

9 hours ago, Mocha said:

Like, nobody bats an eye when it's something like this:

mYIDYYh.jpg

This is a pretty easily paintable Zaku recolor for a Zeon ace literally nobody had ever heard of before Bandai announced they were making a kit of it. There's a tiny amount of scratchbuilding you would need to do, but whatever.

The MG Hazel Custom is built off the Mk. II 2.0 frame, sure, but you would have to do a *lot* of scratchbuilding and other modifications to get it to look like the Hazel.

0AJJM6i.jpg

Eh replying to an old thing but Gundam Converge by Fusion Works does the same thing and no one questions it I mean

RX-78-2 has not only has

s-l225_2.jpg?v=1478288764

but

$_58.JPG

and then

711+-+78+Zoom.jpg

and then for those super nerds:

s-l225.jpg

s-l300.jpg

CORE3+-+Box.jpg

Edited by Kirbymeister2

I wonder what the decision making process is like for that.

"Fans have been asking for this model for years."  

"It must be niche, limited run it."

"How about this model for a gundam that showed up for 12 frames total in a background"

"Main line."

1 hour ago, InXplotch said:

I wonder what the decision making process is like for that.

"Fans have been asking for this model for years."  

"It must be niche, limited run it."

"How about this model for a gundam that showed up for 12 frames total in a background"

"Main line."

12 frames sounds about right for the Ale- I mean, Tristan.

The new HG Tristan has about as much effort put into as this short did.

9 hours ago, ace said:

I bought watch_dogs 2 the other day and I've been sinking some time into it. I like it quite a bit. It's what the first game should have been.  

I thoroughly enjoyed it myself. Even with the cheese they had in there. Major step up from first.

Work has been so dead this week I'm looking for new mobile game to play. My usuals aren't enough to keep me going since I usually have done all the dailies before I get to work. 

so this past week I started something I should have done a long time ago: play metal gear solid series. I'm almost to the end of MGS1. I decided to skip metal gear 1 and 2--it wasn't released in USA until metal gear solid 3 (director's cut?) and ehhhh there's too many damn games in this series. I think I understand the essentials of metal gear 1 and 2 and how they relate to the premise of metal gear solid:

Metal Gear 1: So there's this place called Outer Haven that's building the first metal gear. Solid Snake works for FOXHOUND headed by Big Boss. He infiltrates and destroys metal gear and turns out Big Boss was the Big Bad all along. Ruh-roh. Snake kills him and escapes.

Metal Gear 2: Snake goes to Zanzibar island. Crap happens. Someone named Gray Fox--a fellow agent like solid snake--dies. Also, FOXHOUND is a shell of its former self, handed by Roy Campbell, but is still Solid Snake's organization.

Also, for Metal Gear Solid, my understanding is FOXHOUND (basically because a big bad originally handled it) is basically completely rogue now and are basically the terrorist organization you're fighting against.

Also, portable ops and metal gear rising are totally skippable? I.e., I need only play the numbered sequels and peace walker (and should play metal gear 1 and 2 but didn't) to fully understand the ccore story?