New mobile game - Magikarp Jump - Out now for iOS and Android

A new free-to-play game that previously released in Italy and Japan is now out in the rest of Europe and in North America.

Train your Magikarp to be the best jumper of them all by training and feeding him and getting a little help from other Pokemon. The game is free to play and available now.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/05/25/pokemon-magikarp-jump-is-out-now-on-android-and-ios/

LOL! This game's discription....y;

Spoiler

What is this world coming to?! It's a Pokémon game all about the weakest Pokémon ever—Magikarp! Anyone can play this simple game in their spare time to create the most majestic Magikarp ever in this official Pokémon app!

What kind of Pokémon is Magikarp?
・ It's famous—for being pathetically weak, unreliable, and generally useless.
・ It can't learn any powerful moves—all it does is flop around and splash!
・ When it flops its way too high in the sky, it's sometimes snagged by the Bird Pokémon Pidgeotto—never to be seen again!

Many surprising events lie in store for this pathetic Pokémon. But don't worry—it'll just keep on jumping until it can jump no more!

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.pokemon.koiking

-----------------------------------------------

I downloaded the game and beat the first league and got my 2nd gen Magikarp. The game is pretty fun for a game you play for a few mins. every now and then. Also, I really like the art style. 

M7s5SFv.png?1

Edited by alienboyva

This game is starting to get super repetitive, but for some reason I can't stop playing it. :v 

You have to start over with a new Magikarp if (training and the current league)...

- You lose a battle (even if your Karp's lvl is maxed and not strong enough)

- Your Karp gets snatched by Pidgeotto (this can even happen when surfacing at the top of your pond)

- Other random events (I assume there's some I haven't come across yet)

- and this... awesome;

Not sure what if your Karp will always evolve when you hit lvl 20, but I assume you'd need one higher later on. I'm having a bit of trouble beating the 3rd league thanks to all these random events making me start over. So, I take it they want you to keep raising your trainer rank by battling so you can catch Karp that can max out at higher lvls so you can win leagues.

Oh...I should mention starting over isn't as bad as it sounds. As your trainer rank increases, you can get new food and training equipment, which will help your Karp lvl faster. 

Edited by alienboyva
38 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

This game is starting to get super repetitive, but for some reason I can't stop playing it. :v 

You have to start over with a new Magikarp if (training and the current league)...

- You lose a battle (even if your Karp's lvl is maxed and not strong enough)

- Your Karp gets snatched by Pidgeotto (this can even happen when surfacing at the top of your pond)

- Other random events (I assume there's some I haven't come across yet)

- and this... awesome;

Not sure what if your Karp will always evolve when you hit lvl 20, but I assume you'd need one higher later on. I'm having a bit of trouble beating the 3rd league thanks to all these random events making me start over. So, I take it they want you to keep raising your trainer rank by battling so you can catch Karp that can max out at higher lvls so you can win leagues.

Oh...I should mention starting over isn't as bad as it sounds. As your trainer rank increases, you can get new food and training equipment, which will help your Karp lvl faster. 

Moved to computer so now I can properly respond

-Of course you have to start over if your max level karp isn't strong enough. Otherwise you'd be stuck. (Non-max level karps won't be forced to start over, you just have to train more then refresh their battle energy)

-Never been snatched yet, but since being at the top of your pond does nothing, I'm never up there. I'm also not risking it in the events where one can appear.

-Tapping the shit out of your karp breaks its everstone. This carries until a karp hits 20 (even if its a different karp). Then the stone resets.

-I've played on and off since Thursday, I've just beaten the 3rd league, with a generation 10.

I found out that if you keep tapping the TV (choose cancel when the box pops-up) until static appears and then do some traning you can trigger this random encounter (you may have to do it a few times until you the encounter appears)...

Spoiler

If you choose stay it will keep asking you until you choose leave.

jtT45xK.png?1

You can only do this once, given the reward it gives you.

Also, speaking of repeatedly taping things....Don't keep jumping out of the water when at the top if your pond. I believe this is how I triggered Pidgeotto, which snagged my Karp (I mentioned this in a previous post).

Edited by alienboyva

Alright I'm at Magikarp max level 36, I've gotten about three shiny Magikarp by now. I wish they'd have spaced patterns out better because there's a long grinding stretch between the 10 or so levels now- even playing in bursts. I find myself praying for Bird Jesus to liberate my Magikarps from me to hasten the process.

Also I may or may not be naming all of my Magikarp after horrible diseases.

Edited by Carl321
Just now, Carl321 said:

Alright I'm at Magikarp max level 36, I've gotten about three shiny Magikarp by now. I wish they'd have spaced patterns out better because there's a long grinding stretch between the 10 or so levels now- even playing in bursts. I find myself praying for Bird Jesus to liberate my Magikarps from me to hasten the process.

After rank 20 (or something like that) you can just give up your magikarps from the menu