Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

GlABEt3.gif
http://fireemblemechoes.nintendo.com/

Intro

W2swjTr.png

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is an enhanced remake of the second game in the Fire Emblem series, Fire Emblem Gaiden, which was originally released exclusively for the Famicom in 1992.

In the game, players lead Alm and Celica along parallel paths in a quest to bring peace to a war-torn land through turn-based strategic battles. Now remade, remastered, and releasing outside of Japan for the first time ever, players can embark on the adventure on Nintendo 3DS with new features, including full voice acting, animated cutscenes, and new story content.

kG8NVN7.png

In addition to the standard retail version and digital edition on Nintendo eShop, the Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Limited Edition has been made available too. Along with the retail version, comes with:

• Valentia Artbook (~40 pages)
  • Reversible title sheet (designed after the original Fire Emblem Gaiden cover)
  • Sound Selection CD (30 tracks)
  • Pin Set (Alm, Celica, Marth)

Features

p7w49nW.jpg
Explore Dungeons in 3D
In a series first, players can explore dungeons in full 3D environments. Dive deep into what lies ahead, collecting treasure and engaging enemies in real time (though the actual battles are still in classic Fire Emblem fashion).

6NLfDAs.jpg
Difficulty Options
When you start a new game, you can choose options such as Classic Mode, where fallen warriors are gone forever, or Casual Mode, where the fallen return in the next battle.

p3qMHE5.jpg
Relationships
Position heroes next to each other on the battlefield and you may get to see extra conversations between characters. There are no mechanics tied to an avatar, marriage, or children like in Fire Emblem Awakening or Fire Emblem Fates.

QApzFhQ.jpg
Tour the Towns
You can visit towns and villages to talk to locals, look for items, and get quests. You may even meet new recruits to add to your armies.

MYWGfjH.jpg
Experience
Need to level up certain characters? Use them to explore 3D dungeons as many times as you like.

BwOtklA.jpg
Choose Your Battles
Keep an eye on the map for new enemies that pop up in areas you’ve visited—then go get ‘em.

8zWuffA.jpg
Mila's Turnwheel
You can use this special function during battle to revert back to a previous turn...helpful if you make a bad choice.

amiibo

NIE5qyF.png

With the Alm and Celica amiibo figures releasing alongside the game (exclusively as a two-pack in North America, individually elsewhere), you can challenge special dungeons. Test your mettle to see if you have what it takes to overcome them.

qkmMrELl.jpg

In addition, you can tap an amiibo of a Fire Emblem character during battle to summon an ally in their likeness to assist you for one turn. The Alm and Celica amiibo can also store data so that you can retain their stats as they grow stronger. And if you don't have any amiibo of Fire Emblem characters, any other amiibo will work too and summon a random monster ally.

DLC

Build up your army with purchasable downloadable content. Some packs let you farm for items, experience, or in-game currency, while others offer more story content or add new characters.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia offers five different DLC packs that will be released weekly starting at launch, but you may buy them all in advance with a single purchase via the season pass at a discount ($44.99 USD) versus buying each piece of DLC individually.

17DaISU.jpg
Fledgling Warriors Pack ($7.99 USD): A bundle of maps and a dungeon designed to aid novice warriors in the opening stages of their adventure.

lottb8H.jpg
Undaunted Heroes Pack ($9.99 USD): A bundle of maps and a dungeon designed to aid seasoned champions in the latter stages of their adventure.

7G1t7el.jpg
Lost Altars Pack ($14.99 USD): A set of altars that grant power beyond normal human limits to those that are worthy. Each of these maps allows a character that has reached their maximum level to move up.

M9jwqJP.jpg
Rise of the Deliverance Pack ($12.99 USD): A prequel pack of four maps tracing the war waged by the Deliverance. It occurs shortly before the start of Alm's tale.

TWkVZ0H.jpg
Cipher Companions Pack ($5.99 USD): Each pack in this two-pack set introduces two exclusive characters from the Japanese Fire Emblem Cipher trading card game. The characters will also be usable in the main game and will be fully voiced.

For more information on DLC, you can check out this page: http://fireemblemechoes.nintendo.com/dlc/

Trailers

LBa6Zjl.png

Here's a collection of official videos by Nintendo promoting the game. Also included here as a bonus is Nintendo Minute's unboxing video of the Limited Edition.

unmLuKjl.png

Enjoy the game!

It was definitely the right call not to have an avatar this time around. Really excited to play this tomorrow. :) I've never played Gaiden, and I've gone dark on the game for the most part besides, so I'm looking forward to what I'm told is a wildly different take on the series.

Got my copy today, but was a bit busy and didn't have time to do all too much sadly. I played through the prologue and did a bunch of plot stuff, and that's about it.

One thing that stuck out to me immediately though is that the voice acting is really, really good. I'm actually forcing myself to slow down and listen to all of the dialogue so I can enjoy it.

It's actually actually legitimately funny, at least to me. Usually video game humour comes across to me as forced or cheesy, but I found myself actually laughing at a few of the lines so far.

Will be diving back in for more tomorrow!

34 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Gonna pick up my limited edition on the way home from work today.

What are the best class options for each of the Villagers?

I'm not sure if they're best or not, but the "canon" promotions are Tobin=Archer, Gray=Merc, Kliff=Mage, and Faye=PK. In the original, Kliff also had the best magic options of the bunch as well, but I don't know if the magic system in SoV is kept the same as Gaiden.

Oh, so cool. Apparently they kept the hidden Sound Test and how to access it from Gaiden! You just press ↑ ↓ ← → ↑  at the title screen (you should hear the retro level up jingle when you do it correctly), then you can bring it up from the Extras menu.

They really went above and beyond for this game's soundtrack. I love it.