Fresh info on Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Switch, Updated 7/10

Finally some new info regarding what's new on the Nintendo Switch release of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

DBXV-Switch-Scan_05-17-17.jpg

The Switch version of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 will launch in Japan this fall, the latest issue of V-Jump reveals.

On Switch, the sequel features six-person ad-hoc play, two-player battles using the Joy-Con controllers, and the ability to use Kamehameha through the motion sensor. As a special bonus, buyers will receive a code to unlock all of the playable characters from the main story of the previous game early.

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-switch-launches-fall-japan#53z9s6MivJKE8KOc.99

Edited by Juanblue85
5 hours ago, The Krazy One said:

I hope this game comes out over here before the year is over. This is one of my most anticipated games since there hasn't been a Dragonball game on a Nintendo console since Tenkaichi 3 on Wii.

If you did the kamehameha technique with the wii controls back in Tenkaichi 3 then good news it'll be implemented here as well.

As someone who has Xenoverse 1 on the 360 but neither an XB1 or PS4 to get Xenoverse 2, this is good news for when I eventually get my own Switch. Granted I may not be able to transfer my old data from X1 over since (I would assume) X2 Switch edition won't have cross-platform connectivity even for the data sharing. With that said, having watched TeamFourStar play the heck out of it on their channels has made me hyped for this game for a while, and I'd love to actually do Parallel Quests with other people for a change instead of just CPUs.

1 minute ago, Dancing Mog said:

Now if only the Dragon Quest games could get confirmation now, this year would end up to be one of the best.

Dragon Quest is Square Enix, this game is by Bandai Namco.  You're not gonna see any confirmation of a DQ from them. :P

I realize that and I wasn't trying to say it that way. What I meant was that I hope other companies will continue to confirm games will be coming to the Switch before end of the year. Really happy for Xenoverse 2 getting confirmation since I have it on my X1 but almost no one to play it w/ though the online aspect I find to be weird but I hope enough people here like it enough to get it so I can have fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Already ahead of you.

Happened to do that after finding out Chris Sabat (Voices Piccolo and Vegeta) is supporting the movement too.

Spoiler

Speaking of Xenoverse 2, more details were released which are as follows:

• 87 Playable Characters
  • Paid DLC Characters
  • Switch version will include Goku Black, who was initially a free pre-order bonus on the other platforms
  • Will include the Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1 story with Demon God Demigra
  • Some elements of the Xenoverse 1 story may differ
  • The original Toki Toki City hub city will not be in Xenoverse 2 for the Switch

In other news about frame rate and resolution:

• 1600 x 900 in TV mode (900p)
  • 1280 x 720 in Portable modes (720p)
  • 1v1 battles will be 60fps
  • Multi Man battles will be 30fps (So a majority of the game)

A comparison with the PS4 version:

Spoiler

wTKRJ6r.jpg

Source: http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/06/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-dlc-characters-will-be-additional-cost-in-nintendo-switch-version/