Nintendo @ E3 2017 - Plans released

4 hours ago, Yuki said:

the whole point of the consumer facing bits of E3 is to get people excited in the future of your console

you don't do that by showing fucking yarn yoshi three years in a goddamn row

or by just showing stuff that's coming out in the near future

remember how hyped you were for smash brothers?

what is the future of the switch past mario, nintendo

i want you to make me excited

They'll probably have some news about games beyond 2017 but they're still going to talk about games that will define the future of the platform with titles people can expect to play within the half year between that E3 and the remainder of the year.  That and they'll have Directs throughout the year to continue discussing those plans as well.

I would be surprised if they did not end up announcing a Smash DLX or a main series Pokémon game iteration for the Switch during the Nintendo spotlight. I definitely don't expect them to announce a Metroid game that is a return to roots, because I honestly don't think they would have the right mindset until after Odyssey, which needs to be at least on par with the success of BotW.

11 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

After all when they did the Nintendo World Championships in 2015 they debuted Blast Ball, so even the viewers weren't familiar with the game.

anhero;What's Blast Ball? psyduck;

Edited by IU
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, Yuki said:

further proof that nintendo doesn't really give a shit about e3 anymore

shame

Can you really blame them?  It's an antiquated model in the midst of an online canvas which is preoccupied by anything and everything.  *shrugs*

I have no doubt that Nintendo will produce in the games arena as it relates to Switch.