Xenoblade 2 Soundtrack, so good even the composer is brought to tears

Well, well, comments from the game's composer Yatsunori Mitsuda details a few processes that are involved in creating the music for this game. Apparently, the music has been so good that it has even brought him to tears.

Expecting good things on the music front at the very least. ^_^

- has been recording the game’s soundtrack remotely with the Bratislava Symphony Choir
- often works until 5 in the morning
- says the choir has been giving a wonderful performance
- Mitsuda has been working on mixes for songs being formed by the Irish choral ensemble Anúna
- says the music actually made him cry due to it being so good

I'm still adjusting to the whole anime-esque art style, but I'll get used to it eventually. Gotta say, though, that both Xenoblade titles had amazing soundtracks and I can't wait to hear the next one!

Oh also PLEASE don't do this again:

Edited by Carl321
1 hour ago, Carl321 said:

Oh also PLEASE don't do this again:

That was so annoying.

3 things:

Obviously the sound balance problem

The lack of controls to allow us to balance sound effects, music, and dialog to our preference, which would have allowed us to mitigate the first issue.

And lastly, using music with LYRICS at the same time as there is dialog? Seriously? Thats a huge and frankly blatantly obvious no-no.

Oh, wow.  Looking forward to this, then.  I still plan on waiting for a Switch until a special edition comes out, but I may get one for this game if the soundtrack is really that good.

1 hour ago, Fuzzer1 said:

What makes that a big no-no anyway?

So just like too much background sound can make it harder to hear, background dialog and voices makes it harder for the language part of your brain to focus on language tasks, like reading, writing, or listening.

Try reading a book, or writing a paragraph at the same time as listening to your favorite lyrics vs your favorite non-lyrical song.

Edited by CHAINMAILLEKID
1 hour ago, CHAINMAILLEKID said:

So just like too much background sound can make it harder to hear, background dialog and voices makes it harder for the language part of your brain to focus on language tasks, like reading, writing, or listening.

Try reading a book, or writing a paragraph at the same time as listening to your favorite lyrics vs your favorite non-lyrical song.

That actually didn't bother me, it was the actual sound mix being so off that stuck out like a sore thumb to me like what Carl inferred in his post above. Many of the scenes that had lyrical tracks playing in the background while dialogue was going on would have been alright, IMO, if the actual volume of the track wasn't overpowering the dialogue between the characters in certain cutscenes.

Well......it could be that he just easily impresses himself! y;:P

Great music is always another great reason to play a fun game, which hopefully XC2 will be. Now if I ever get around to playing XC and XCX, I'll be ready to play XC2 when it releases, lol. Well, and after I get a Switch, which at latest will be whenever SMO releases, assuming I can find one then. :D