Dracozombie Volcano - N4A Chat Thread, May 2017

16 minutes ago, Vivian said:

It's surprisingly hard to find any art of a dark skinned steampunk/victorian/western engineers people or the like. I wanna steal use one for my RPG campaign, but can't find any decent ones.

I think I might just commission one. Anyone know any artists around the 60-100 dollar range that fit the bill?

This style is what I'm looking for, though obviously likely not quite as polished for so cheap.

bump so it isn't forgotten on the last page

My photoshop skills aren't quite up the par, but I'll consider it. Look into a few video tutorials.

7 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

Reveal hidden contents

0bc17c1c89fc0d09c145970e19bf308a.jpg

This is very good art. Not *quite* what I'm looking for, but good all the same. I'm not quite looking for something that's just straight up black/African, but it's not the hugest deal in the world.

The character uses a winchester repeater, not revolvers, but that's what imagination is for, after all.

Edited by Vivian

southern trope i have seen that i never knew was a thing but is Definitely A Thing here:

if it can be monogrammed, it is MONOGRAMMED. i have seen cars, garment bags, shoes, shirts, socks (???), water bottles, binders, suitcases, plastic totes, photo albums, headphones, and more monogrammed in this god-forsaken state

not only is it just as tacky as you're imagining, but it also makes things entirely unable to be sold for the most part and also there are apparently only 2 fonts that can be used to monogram literally anything: swirly mcfancy font, and rounded sans serif. those are the only options. fonts don't really exist here.

another fun tidbit of the day, while counting clothes on a rack i noticed a shirt that said REPUBLICAN WOMAN: (raised right)

i can appreciate the pun but that's about it and guess what font it was in 

to be fair I think you can easily remove monograms using a simple razor, or one of those weird pokey blade tools, (iunno what they're called, they look like a claw, or a tiny 2 pronged fork).

5 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

to be fair I think you can easily remove monograms using a simple razor, or one of those weird pokey blade tools, (iunno what they're called, they look like a claw, or a tiny 2 pronged fork).

I guess but our company is so poor we can barely afford the supplies we have now let alone new ones theydonothing;

we still sell stuff like that but instead of the regular retail store we send shit like that to our bargain store where ppl pay for shit by the pound 

So at work to entertain ourselves we create characters with stories out of little tidbits about our customers. Yesterday two old ladies, think 70s at least, came in to have us rematch some paint they had gotten in January said they'd be back next Tuesday because they go to the prison in town every Tuesday. So I took it upon myself to make the joke that they were going for conjugal visits. So they became Betty and Helen the two old maids that go and sex up all the prison boys so they don't get stir crazy. Then today I made the character Cletus the world's biggest Star Wars fan, he's 7' tall and 400 pounds. Was bullied in school and called, "that mother fucking wookie kid", and has a tattoo of the empire's emblem on his anus. 

Something we get pretty commonly is old timers complaining that they don't make lead paint anymore because the new stuff just ain't as good. So one day we that was on the brain while we had a customer from philly ranting and raving that the cheesesteaks from philly were better because of the water from up there that was used to make the bread and all that shit. With those two things and mind me and another employee started playing characters from Flint Michigan that believed the best pizza to come from there because the water had lead in it and nothing else could compare to it. 

We often randomly get into character and do bits to pass the time. I'm pretty sure all the chemicals we deal with on a daily basis are melting our brains.