Fire Emblem Cipher: Series 9

DCWE-RCV0AAUSru.png

Caineghis R by Kita! It's worth noting that this is the very first card in the TCG which provides a base attack power of 100. No one's ever been this high, but if it had to be anyone, a mighty king like Caineghis seems like the right person to achieve it.

https://fecipher.jp/event/tour2017/

56xMmDr.jpg

Summer tour event details, including goods!

A quick rundown of what'll also be there:

- Attendees get the new Anna promo card, joining the TCG after Alfonse and Sharena via the S9 booster box

- Also to be sold are past sleeves and playmats, selection depending on location

- Signings by renown FE artists such as Kozaki, Kita, and even Hidari. They'll be doing them on prints of select card artwork, including an all-new, yet-to-be-released artwork of Alfonse

- Collect enough stamps from completing special activities and you'll be rewarded three of ten all-new special marker cards of the main characters of the TCG

- Participate in pack battles and you can get this unique card that doubles as both a marker and your starting character, featuring the Cipher Companions

- A corner where you can learn how to play Cipher

- A corner where you can have fun coloring in line art of Alm, Celica, Chrom, or Ike

- A corner where you can take photos with FE props

- The miniconcert where the Social Knights will perform themes from FE Echoes, FE Heroes, and others

Personal thoughts and insights:

Regarding the miniconcert, they specifically mention The Heritors of Arcadia (FE Echoes ending theme) and Wind of Askr (apparently from FE Heroes, I suspect it's the main map theme) as songs they'll perform. The new CD will probably include these, I think, though there should be a sample YouTube video from the official FE Cipher channel at some point to confirm what the four songs are.

The card stand is cute, I also like that this and the CD come with the pair of promos. Not personally interested in either though.

That new Alfonse art is really cool, Kozaki delivered. It's a shame the actual character isn't all that interesting, but everyone has their fans I guess.

I wish Chrom was on the t-shirt, but he isn't.

The new S8 artbook looks neat! Glad Chrom rightfully made it on the cover. I kinda want it.

Really want that Chrom marker.

The Valentia edition playmat looks nice, thanks to how lovely Hidari's art is. Like the pen, it also looks nice because of Hidari. Too bad the little sisters pen from last time didn't make it.

And speaking of which...

The Cipher S9 Pre-Release livestream just concluded! A full album of my screencaps from the event can be seen here.

WARNING The album is very large (112 images) and some of the cards contain story spoilers for SoV. Consider yourself warned!

Highlights of the stream include a whole lot of signed and/or otherwise new cards from S9, new Thracia and Fates art for S10, and even a couple pieces of artwork for Sacred Stones in S11! Full summary is below.

Hosts: Ryota Kawade (Cipher Producer) and Young (IS)

Guests: Eri Suzuki (VA for Soleil, Delthea, and Emma), Juri Kimura (VA for Nyx, Musume, and Yuzu), Katsuyuki Konishi (VA for Xander and Lando) and Kotaro Kamada (artist for Cipher and Hasha no Tsurugi)

Kawade, Young, Juri, and Eri are all around at the start of the stream, and everything is decorated for the Cipher 2nd anniversary. They share a cake with Kawade's picture on it and there's a lot of opening banter. Kawade shows off the ST Deck, its contents and DLC, and then they also discuss the upcoming Cipher Character DLC in Echoes. Yamada also joins the stream, emerging from a giant package in the corner. He shows off some of his manga art.

Pack opening begins and the majority of the livestream follows discussion while packs are opened and Yamada draws in the corner. They show off some of the merch from the upcoming "Go! Go! Summer Tour!" in between cards. Many new cards are revealed, with a focus on signed and + cards. Delthea is revealed as the secret "+X" card for S11. They also show off small shots of promotion art from various Cipher artists intermittenly as well. At some point in the middle, they're joined by Katsuyuki Konishi who also helps in opening packs, and they all perform a live Frontier Column together, with Kawade filling in as Shade.

Towards the end of the stream, discussion turns to upcoming sets. The title for S10 is revealed to be Crossroads (yes, in English), and they show off some new Cipher art for Leif, Finn, Orson, Shigure and Azura, joined art of Velour and Selkie, and Alfonse. We also get a few pieces of art for S11 in December, specifically of Myrrh and Amelia from Sacred Stones.

Set release is this coming Thursday, 22 June! I hope you all are as excited as I am! :)

This was awesome. So much great stuff. I personally love the fact that the Whitewings are getting new cards, I wasn't sure if they were going to so soon since they already got some from the first set. The Cipher characters looks great in FE Echoes. The anniversary art is fantastic! 

By the way, the one anniversary art with the Blazing Blade trio is definitely by Senri Kita and not Sachiko Wada, as you can see their signature on it.

1 hour ago, Chrom said:

This was awesome. So much great stuff. I personally love the fact that the Whitewings are getting new cards, I wasn't sure if they were going to so soon since they already got some from the first set. The Cipher characters looks great in FE Echoes. The anniversary art is fantastic! 

By the way, the one anniversary art with the Blazing Blade trio is definitely by Senri Kita and not Sachiko Wada, as you can see their signature on it.

Thanks, I've got it fixed now. I think there were just too many promo images for me to keep straight.

DCz8ugPVYAAQ5YJ.png

Final card reveal before release: the Necrodragon! They break normal conventions of the game and can be deployed endlessly, similar to Anna.

For the full list of cards, you can check them out here: https://fecipher.jp/cards_category/bt0009/

Artists will begin posting up their full illustrations for the cards this set via Twitter and Pixiv later today, will try to share them later.

It's been a while, so here's a compilation of everything that's been posted thus far! In no particular order. If it's not here, I haven't seen it.

Spoiler

Roy and Al (and others), Tiena, and Zephiel by Kotaro Yamada!

Ilyana by Fumi!

Young Mist (plus Ike and Elena), as well as the laguz Skrimir, Tibarn, Naesala, Ena, Caineghis, and Ranulf by Senri Kita! Note: These are all uploaded on Pixiv too for better quality.

Mathilda (plus Clive and Fernand) by Tomohide Takaya!

Lethe by cuboon! Also on Pixiv.

Clive by Uroko! Note: Uroko is an entirely new illustrator for Cipher, here's their Twitter.

Est by Horiguchi Kousei!

Clair by kawasumi!

Celica and Tatiana by HMK84! Also on Pixiv.

Jill by Saori Toyota!

Alm and Gray by Arika Fujikawa!

Janaff and Ulki by Nekobayashi!

Kliff and Emma by Yoko Maturica! Also on Pixiv.

Dheginsea by Daisuke Izuka!

Delthea, Randal (yes, his new official English name!), and Shade by Mayo!

Elffin and Zeed by Sachie!

Roy, Guinevere, and young Zephiel (and Guinevere) by Sachiko Wada!

Mycen and Echidna by Yoneko!

Conrad by Kaoru Hagiya!

Boey and Fernand by Mineri! Note: They recently joined Twitter, though are not new to Cipher.

Faye by daigoman!

Genny by Tobi! Note: Tobi is another new illustrator for Cipher and just joined Twitter. Their Genny is also on their Pixiv.

Ena by Fuzichoco!

Ike by Clover.K!

Rafiel and Zeke by Rika Suzuki! Note: The Camus from Series 1 is also posted for comparison, though it isn't new.

Palla and Catria by 40hara!

Valbar and Douglas by Ippei Soeda!

Deen and Sonya by Niji! Trivia: This was originally posted without the Sonya image, but Niji has since posted again to correct this mistake.

Silque (and Alm's left hand) by Kokon Konfuzi!

Happy release to Series 9!