Reilly's Music Thread [UPDATE 12/31/2019: Final Fantasy VII]

Reilly

Hey, guys.  My name is Reilly and I'm a musician.

I had this thread on the DIY board in New OldSider, but there's no creativity board here, so it's going on Power On for now.

Anyway, I have this YouTube channel where I post music covers and stuff on as many instruments as I'm convinced I can handle.  I'mma share them with you guys.

For those curious, I'm primarily a classical trumpet player.  Got my B.M. in Music Performance on trumpet a few years ago.  I have a good amount of experience on bass guitar, piano, and trombone, and I have a bunch of other instruments that I fool around on every now and then.  Currently working on a M.A. in Music Ed, so I have enough of an understanding of all the instrument families to be able to play any instrument decently, though I'll let you guys judge how decent I actually am.

I managed to stick to a once-a-month update schedule in 2015, but my job has been busy and I haven't been able to keep up the pace.  Still gonna update whenever I can, though.  I'm also open to requests, so if you want to hear me cover anything, feel free to comment with a suggestion.

Most recent

12/31/2019: Final Fantasy VII—J-E-N-O-V-A

VGM covers/arrangements

12/31/2019: Final Fantasy VII—J-E-N-O-V-A

7/24/2019: Fire Emblem Recruitment Theme Medley

5/16/2018: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask—Deku Palace

1/5/2018: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild—Hyrule Castle

9/7/2017: Sonic the Hedgehog—Title & Green Hill Zone Themes

4/19/2017: Fire Emblem Fates—Desire Below

11/7/2016: Pokémon GO—Map Theme

6/28/2016: Final Fantasy VII—Fight On!

3/30/2016: Xenoblade Chronicles X—Primordia

11/26/2015: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time—Lost Woods Theme (Saria's Song)

9/6/2015: Super Mario 64—Main Theme

8/4/2015: Balloon Fight—Balloon Trip Theme

6/3/2015: Star Fox 64—Star Wolf Theme

3/17/2015: Pokémon Gen I & II—Kanto Gym Leader Medley

1/7/2015: SSBM—Fire Emblem

Other covers/arrangements

9/6/2019: Preparing the Krabby Patty for Brass Choir

8/3/2017: Animals as Leaders—Another Year

7/12/2016: Black Eyed Peas—Where Is The Love?

4/15/2016: Herbie Hancock—Chameleon

2/14/2016: Cyanide & Happiness—Junk Mail

12/25/2015: Trans-Siberian Orchestra—Wizards in Winter

10/20/2015: Nena—99 Luftballons

7/2/2015: Rodgers & Hammerstein—My Favorite Things

5/9/2015: J.S. Bach—Invention No. 1, BWV 772

4/7/2015: Red Hot Chili Peppers—Under The Bridge

2/10/2015: Muse—Knights of Cydonia

Original music

12/31/2016: Snails Have Teeth

Other links

Edited by Reilly

Sorry for the drought.  Work has been really busy for me over the past few months.  I wanted to get this out back when this was still relevant, but hey, better late than never!

This was a fun video to put together, and I love this game despite Niantic's insistence on keeping me from playing it (long story, read up on it here).  Enjoy!

Edited by Reilly
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the rollback, I have an excuse to bump my music thread! theydonothing;

Anyway, my most recent update was an original tune that I uploaded on 12/31/2016, just in time to close out the year.  Named it after a Snapple fact I found once.  I don't have a lot of experience with writing my own music, so any feedback is appreciated.

Sorry I didn't get this out earlier in the year.  Didn't expect the piano part to be so hard.

This game has some of the best gameplay in the franchise, though I hate how they built the world, locking all of Fates' most interesting lore behind DLC.

I love the way the 3DS Fire Emblems handle map music, having a light arrangement for the map and a more intense arrangement for the battle animations, compared to previous entries that will break to a different tune for the battle music.  This happens to be my favorite tune from Fates, the music for the Hidden Truths DLC maps.

Enjoy!

A friend of mine asked me to play bass in a funk trio he's trying to put together.  He uploaded a demo on SoundCloud recently that he's going to send to some venues in our area to try to get some gigs.  Check it out here if you'd like.

Finally put this together after months of finding time to practice the more difficult passages.  While not my first video to feature saxophone, it's my first to feature my own personal sax. (I borrowed a sax from work for my SM64 cover.)

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

First upload of 2018!  I tried to get this out last month, but the organ part proved to take more time to learn than I expected.  Glad to finally get this out, though!

And now that I've finished this, I can finally try out the new DLC…

On 1/5/2018 at 12:34 PM, Reilly said:

First upload of 2018!  I tried to get this out last month, but the organ part proved to take more time to learn than I expected.  Glad to finally get this out, though!

And now that I've finished this, I can finally try out the new DLC…

Phenomenal

• 3 months later...

Hey, just throwing this out there.  There's this fan project run by MasakoX, best known as the voice of Goku on Team Four Star's DBZ Abridged.  He had this whole What If series of videos where Raditz survives his encounter with Goku and Piccolo and eventually joins the good side, and it gained so much popularity that MasakoX is making a fan project called Dragon Ball R&R.  It'll be an audio drama featuring voice acting, manga-style artwork, and original music.

Speaking of music, I somehow found myself on the music team for DBRR, which is why I'm sharing this here.  Here's the opening theme song.  I play trumpets and trombone.  Check it out if you get a chance!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...