Axiom Verge coming to Switch! Also getting a physical release!! [up: nope]

• Chrom changed the title to Axiom Verge coming to Switch! Also getting a physical release!! [up: nope]

@Satomi Famicom The Axiom team wants it there, it could have been there at launch. Nintendo told them no thanks. And the guy that was trying to get the game on Switch worked for NOA in handling indie scrub developers.

C-M2-fGXoAEvjR7.jpg:large

here's an article on how Nintendo is making it difficult for indie scrubs to get game on the Switch.  Lol this company. Every time they have an opportunity, they cripple themselves at making progress with third-party "partners".

Edited by Punchy
7 hours ago, Punchy said:

@Satomi Famicom The Axiom team wants it there, it could have been there at launch. Nintendo told them no thanks. And the guy that was trying to get the game on Switch worked for NOA in handling indie scrub developers.

C-M2-fGXoAEvjR7.jpg:large

here's an article on how Nintendo is making it difficult for indie scrubs to get game on the Switch.  Lol this company. Every time they have an opportunity, they cripple themselves at making progress with third-party "partners".

Maybe we will see it one day. The Nindies Direct got me pumped for everything they got onboard so far.

9 hours ago, Punchy said:

I read that article earlier today....  not really sure what to make of it....  themes that stuck out to me....

"communication" issues

Ok, now, this did sound kind of serious, in terms of sending, receiving and follow up -- sure didn't make it sound like stuff was in order on that end.

"switch exclusivity"

I can somewhat buy parts of this, as Switch "exclusives" were wanted to get people to buy a Switch versus something on another platform.  I could buy Nintendo being a stickler on that part-- or at least features of a game unique to the Switch platform.  The arguments brought up about ports though... ehh ...  I mean.... what are BotW and MK8DLX?  They're ports to a certain degree.

"switch dev kits"

This one stuck out to me in a few ways...  Nintendo keeping such a close lid on what the Switch is/was and holding back info for SO LONG, that if they played games with developers on dev kits and not getting them out there in time for them to have more games up at launch or first 3 months... then that is all on Nintendo in that regard.  I mean, wouldn't you need these out there to foster games?

"quality control"

I agree there was a lot of trash games out there for the 3DS and the WiiU on the eShop, versus what showed up on WiiWare.  I could see Nintendo wanting to cut down on the glut of under realized/poor games for their new flagship system, however, it seems like the comments coming out of the "communication issue theme" they didn't put enough people in the places to vett out submissions and inquiries.

Personally, at this point, with how well the Switch is doing, do these same concerns show up next year too?  If not then that means Nintendo got its act together in managing the situation in terms of the eShop, Nindies, and other assorted gaming pipelines to the eShop for its 3 systems.

"I think it's best we not comment on anything Switch related until and unless we have something to confirm."

That's quite the conclusion to come to AFTER stirring the pot. Dan Adelman is a cool dude but he's been around long enough to know the kind of weight his words would have and how certain members of the gaming community would interpret them.