Nintendo 64 emulator up on Xbox One store

Chrom

1 hour ago, Cryptic said:

That was shocking to me.  Like, they're asking for serious legal trouble, right?  AM2R and Pokemon Uranium got taken down, and they were free downloads.  Charging money for an N64 emulator on Microsoft's official platform is asking for trouble.

Definitely. I won't be surprised if someone gets sued. Or at least gets a cease and desist sent to them.

Edited by Lance's Dragonite

I'm not sure if most ppl know this but the emulator doesn't run so good but of course there's always the possibility of it being fine tunes as long as this stays on the Xbox One store.

Emulators are not illegal it the roms you play on them so if the folks who made this emulator went to the proper channels to get this on the Xbox One store, all the power to them. But at the end of the day, Nintendo still might not like that this emulator is not was not consented for and not getting any of the profit from the emulators, much less their 1st party games that are legal backup of N46 games.

Man, this is a really grey area of what's legal and what's not, it seems like it all depends on perspective, patents and IP rights will determine this emulator future at all, much less on a Xbox One store.