Internet addictions and wasting time

Anyone else have an internet addiction?

It's obnoxious.

Every day I try to put time aside to be productive, and everyday that productiveness is swept away as I find myself in an never ending loop of refreshing the same eight websites.

It's hard to break away. I could be working on something for 5 minutes and there's this urge of opening another window to read my email, and before I know it I'm on youtube watching Irish people try southern sandwiches. 

I feel as though the answer is to stay off my computer, but I need to get work done.

i spend a lot of time on the internet but its also an integral part of my life and i don't really consider the time i spend at any kind of addiction status

to me, an addiction to the internet means you're spending the majority of your time actually doing nothing which just seems.......wild to me since there's so much to do on the internet

Definitely addicted

I do programming stuff and I actually like having a work computer at an office just to separate "computer work" from "computer fun"

I find if I ever get really into programming something on my typical computer, I get into this intense focus, but then shirk everything else - and then when I take a break, it's hard to come back to again. Weird stuff.

Nah, it's just something I do to pass some free time. I might consider it an addiction if I were just looking at memes or some shit but the fact is I use the internet to talk to people, read news, read comics, read books, watch tv, watch news, watch educational videos, play games, and browse dank memes. Most forms of media can be found on the internet these days so to say someone could have an addiction to the internet is a little silly. 

15 hours ago, K said:

Nah, it's just something I do to pass some free time. I might consider it an addiction if I were just looking at memes or some shit but the fact is I use the internet to talk to people, read news, read comics, read books, watch tv, watch news, watch educational videos, play games, and browse dank memes. Most forms of media can be found on the internet these days so to say someone could have an addiction to the internet is a little silly. 

It doesn't seem that crazy to me, often I'm on the computer thinking "It'd be cool to play a video game right now, that's what I'd really like to do"

and then hours later, I'm still doing literally nothing on the computer, absorbing nothing content. It's the ease of absorption, just being fed music and random words and being easily satisfied.

I did basically nothing with my life outside of the Internet until I was almost 20, then led a struggling normal life for several years, and now I even scrape by with money from online.
I don't think addiction is a strong enough term lol

• 4 weeks later...