Do you believe that the NX will have some form of achievement system?

24 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I recall Nintendo saying this when they were first introducing My Nintendo in their investor meetings and such.

Where the hell is this, huh?

It already exists in the form of Miitomo.

I believe they also said they weren't planning to start doing this with any Wii U or Nintendo 3DS games, so their future mobile and NX games are supposed to be continuing that.

1 minute ago, Chrom said:

I believe they also said they weren't planning to start doing this with any Wii U or Nintendo 3DS games, so their future mobile and NX games are supposed to be continuing that.

Hmm, I seem to recall them saying this might be implemented the current platform of systems Nintendo have now. I'm sure My Nintendo was future-proofing theirselves for NX.

I don't use Miitomo so that would explain where I haven't see its use outside Nintendo console. I guess those are missions I scroll over from Miitomo to the other missions I can obtain.

3 minutes ago, Chrom said:

Ah. The most pointless game in existence. theydonothing; I don't even have any use for it, let alone have any space for it. And the coins you earn, aren't good for all that much.

Dammit. Mobile... ugh. anhero; :ohyou: Where's the facepalm and facedesk emoticons when I need them? Those are only good options for those who again have the room for them. Unless it's via the 3ds or NX. I'm a bit curious about how they'll incorporate NX games though.

I think it's possible.  I think ever since Wii they had a few games here and there that had there own in game achievement type systems... then again they could also not do it as they've released at least two other brand new platforms since then that haven't adopted such a thing, so who knows?  I won't mind if it's there but the one platform I own that has it system wide I've never really cared for achievements to actively chase after them.  So basically my gamerscore on my 360 boils down to a bunch of achievements earned from merely playing the game, like beathing Chapter 3 in Gears 2 or something like that.

5e2.jpg

If they did implement an achievement system they'd have to do it in their own Nintendo way, 'cause that's just how Nintendo operates. If that means earning coins for My Nintendo that'd be great especially if they were gold coins, or even the idea of earning accessories/clothes for your Mii as a sort of trophy avatar would be neat. In that sense I think it'd be interesting to see how Nintendo approaches achievements.

As for whether I want them, like I said in that other thread about achievements/trophies my experience with trophies has pretty much been positive or at the very least neutral, so I wouldn't mind seeing them on the NX. Though I also wouldn't be upset if the NX didn't have them.