10 Wanted Alolan Forms (Video)

DLurkster

Pretty cool video, the one I'm impressed with and never saw myself actually draw to this Pokemon is Alolan Wigglytuff. That Fire/Fairy, that's hype! I decides this before they said this may be a top tier Pokemon in competitions.

Also, the Alolan Machamp, has there every been Fighting/Electric typing before? That Varjar (sp?) is a nice touch, tho.

Anybody have a fave form the video or have another suggestion?

Edited by DLurkster

There is a bit of overdesign in my opinion to some of those concepts, but from that video I do still think the Alolan Rapidash is my favorite. I think Jinx could use some love in this new region, but I was thinking she would be more of a fire dancer wearing a coconut bra rather than the concept they went for in the video (like the design though). Keeping in theme, I think it would be interesting to give Alolan forms to Grimer and Muk that are inspired by lahars and change their typing from Poison to Fire/Rock with the ability Solid Rock.

12 minutes ago, IUniverse said:

There is a bit of overdesign in my opinion to some of those concepts, but from that video I do still think the Alolan Rapidash is my favorite. I think Jinx could use some love in this new region, but I was thinking she would be more of a fire dancer wearing a coconut bra rather than the concept they went for in the video (like the design though). Keeping in theme, I think it would be interesting to give Alolan forms to Grimer and Muk that are inspired by lahars and change their typing from Poison to Fire/Rock with the ability Solid Rock.

Overdesign? Well maybe that's you but I thought they were fine. Though, it is funny you say the Alolan Rapidash is your favorite, I thought the billow of clouda around it was a bit much. I like its design as the creature not so much the clouds.

I do think the Alolan Rapidash concept shown is overdesigned, but for me it still stands out a little above the rest that they showed in concept. I agree that the extent of the cloud spread was a bit much, but I do think it should have some there as the horn itself is a bit too subtle in indicating that it is also an Electric-type.

8 minutes ago, subrosian said:

These are all fine ideas, but I really would prefer new Pokemon to introduce a couple of these new typings... For instance, a goblin/redcap-inspired Pokemon for Dark/Fairy? Instead of... Rainbow Clefable. :hamnap:

Can't tell if you're asking too much or just not impressed this typing was used on a Pokemon we already know.

2 minutes ago, subrosian said:

Yeah I'm just kinda underwhelmed when brand-new type combos get blown on Pokemon that already exist. Pet peeve, I suppose.

*glares at Mega Altaria*

But wait, all Mega Evolution Pokemon have been Pokemon we known before, tho so um..... Wait, what was the point I was making again?!?

4 minutes ago, blcdude1 said:

There's one obvious one.

887_zpsjdfatfy5.jpg

So a different evolution branch form? Wait, why is called Vileplume?

If that's the case Electivire, Magmotor and any other Pokemon that have alternate evolution should have an Alolan form. I see why you chose that Pokemon with the grass and sun theme with Alola but I'd like to see more Pokemon beside the 1st gen get Alolan forms.

11 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

So a different evolution branch form? Wait, why is called Vileplume?

If that's the case Electivire, Magmotor and any other Pokemon that have alternate evolution should have an Alolan form. I see why you chose that Pokemon with the grass and sun theme with Alola but I'd like to see more Pokemon beside the 1st gen get Alolan forms.

So would I. What other Pokemon would you like to see get an Alola form?

It would be cool if the Totodile line did.

20 minutes ago, Lance's Dragonite said:

So would I. What other Pokemon would you like to see get an Alola form?

It would be cool if the Totodile line did.

I was gonna mention it in that post but I have so many I don't know where to start.

Well the first that comes to mind Skunktank as Fairy/Poison type and Emolga as Electric/Fire type. I'd say those are unique typings like the Water/Fire Alolan Lapras which share it typing with Volcanion. I don't think there's been a Electric/Fire type before. I think that is about unique as the Water/Fire typing again.

They somehow managed to make Jynx more disturbing.

Also, I'm somewhat bothered by the fact Gen Is are the only Pokemon getting Alolan forms so far, even in this fan video.  That's just, strange.  I know Gen I master race whatever but you'd think at least one Pokemon from another Gen would have an Alolan form.

Edited by Cryptic
10 minutes ago, Lucina said:

I like this Alolan Forms thing better than Mega Evolution, personally.

Any Pokémon with ties to the sun and moon should see this treatment, with the exception of legendaries I guess (like Cresselia). Clefairy totally makes sense.

I like both equally, since they can be used in battle in pretty fun ways. Can't wait to see how many different Alolan forms there are.