Nerd Central (you're a nerd too, sarah) - N4A Chat Thread, April 2017

So, I guess this thread is now my "ramble about TMS#FE" thread. Unless there's a more appropriate thread, in which case you can point me in the right direction.

Maybe spoilers I guess? So I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler

Finally finished my first REAL dunegon, the one at Shibuya 106 since the one before that is kind of a trainee dungeon and doesn't really count. It was a lot more in-depth and involved than I'd expected! I enjoyed the mini-puzzles with traveling around through the dresses. The black "super hard enemies groups omg" can kiss my ass. I also fought, like, some kind of golden rare enemy? So that was kind of cool.

I'm finally starting to get a hang of how all the various skills work. Though is there any better way to earn SP other than just fighting random mooks a lot? Before the mini-boss, I'd used all my SP up fighting one of those super-hard enemy groups and then I had to run around a lot to build it back up since I wanted some in time for the boss (though in retrospect the mini-boss wasn't that hard so probably not worth). Am I correct in assuming I'm better off maxing out a Carnage Unity weapon thing so I get all the skills before switching to the next? It seems like each new one I get is more powerful, but I don't want to neglect getting all those skills. Also, do you ever actually earn enough skills so that you have to actually decide which ones are in your skill slots? I'm already kind of stressing about that.

I honestly kind of expected that the whole "Save Ayaha!" plot line would have lasted longer, considering it was Tsubasa's main motivation and all. So I didn't expect her to be friends again so soon.

Also, man, Aversa looked really weird in a cool, TMS#FE kind of way. Like, some kind of centaur monster, but with armor for skin and wings instead of hands? And a huge fucking horn? And then Tsubasa flies in on a pegasus motercycle. How many drugs were these guys on while making this game anyway?

50 minutes ago, Celica said:

So, I guess this thread is now my "ramble about TMS#FE" thread. Unless there's a more appropriate thread, in which case you can point me in the right direction.

Maybe spoilers I guess? So I'll spoiler it.

Hide contents

Finally finished my first REAL dunegon, the one at Shibuya 106 since the one before that is kind of a trainee dungeon and doesn't really count. It was a lot more in-depth and involved than I'd expected! I enjoyed the mini-puzzles with traveling around through the dresses. The black "super hard enemies groups omg" can kiss my ass. I also fought, like, some kind of golden rare enemy? So that was kind of cool.

I'm finally starting to get a hang of how all the various skills work. Though is there any better way to earn SP other than just fighting random mooks a lot? Before the mini-boss, I'd used all my SP up fighting one of those super-hard enemy groups and then I had to run around a lot to build it back up since I wanted some in time for the boss (though in retrospect the mini-boss wasn't that hard so probably not worth). Am I correct in assuming I'm better off maxing out a Carnage Unity weapon thing so I get all the skills before switching to the next? It seems like each new one I get is more powerful, but I don't want to neglect getting all those skills. Also, do you ever actually earn enough skills so that you have to actually decide which ones are in your skill slots? I'm already kind of stressing about that.

I honestly kind of expected that the whole "Save Ayaha!" plot line would have lasted longer, considering it was Tsubasa's main motivation and all. So I didn't expect her to be friends again so soon.

Also, man, Aversa looked really weird in a cool, TMS#FE kind of way. Like, some kind of centaur monster, but with armor for skin and wings instead of hands? And a huge fucking horn? And then Tsubasa flies in on a pegasus motercycle. How many drugs were these guys on while making this game anyway?

There isn't a general thread for discussing Hashtag Effie, but @Kamui made a thread on General Nintendo about his own experiences with the game. Feel free to make one yourself.

But to answer your questions:

1. Yes, it is generally preferable to max out your current weapons skills before moving on to the next one. However, a bit later in the game you'll unlock the ability to "upgrade" each weapon, increasing its stats, allowing you to re-learn each skill, and unlocking one extra skill per weapon. If you learn a skill that you already know, it will stack on top of itself to create a powered-up version. (For example, if Tsubasa knows Lunge, and learns Lunge again, it will automatically become Lunge +1.)

2. Yes, you will eventually need to delete some skills in order to learn new ones, but most of the time, the new ones are direct upgrades of the old ones. For example, if Itsuki is trying to learn Elthunder, it's generally worth it to get rid of Thunder +3. Don't worry too much about forgetting a skill that you might want later; upgrading a weapon will reset it's level to one, so you can re-learn skills pretty much as many times as you want.

5 minutes ago, Blue.Frog said:

Ill slit ur fuckin throat

Careful the edge is gonna kill you faster then the knife itself wew lad.

5 minutes ago, Yuki said:

Bullying people is only acceptable if they like bad games like Senran Kagura.

More like Boobies in your face the game amirite?

10 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

There isn't a general thread for discussing Hashtag Effie, but @Kamui made a thread on General Nintendo about his own experiences with the game. Feel free to make one yourself.

But to answer your questions:

1. Yes, it is generally preferable to max out your current weapons skills before moving on to the next one. However, a bit later in the game you'll unlock the ability to "upgrade" each weapon, increasing its stats, allowing you to re-learn each skill, and unlocking one extra skill per weapon. If you learn a skill that you already know, it will stack on top of itself to create a powered-up version. (For example, if Tsubasa knows Lunge, and learns Lunge again, it will automatically become Lunge +1.)

2. Yes, you will eventually need to delete some skills in order to learn new ones, but most of the time, the new ones are direct upgrades of the old ones. For example, if Itsuki is trying to learn Elthunder, it's generally worth it to get rid of Thunder +3. Don't worry too much about forgetting a skill that you might want later; upgrading a weapon will reset it's level to one, so you can re-learn skills pretty much as many times as you want.

Thanks, I might go ahead and do that, then. It'll be easier for me to process my thoughts in the game if it's more nicely in one place, too.

28 minutes ago, chickadee said:

i took a nap and woke up feeling more sick than before

i want my hours back, this is the exact opposite of what i was expecting

Sounds like adulthood in a nutshell

temp is 100 which is about what i expected

i've moved on from sweating too much to being way too cold, and then from that to being too hot 

on the bright side, i bought some cantaloupe for myself bc its my go-to sick food and its my fave