Official Anime/Manga/Light Novel Thread - Spring 2017

Fire

7 hours ago, Иecro said:

the only thing i hate about kizu is that it feels kind of like i'm cheated that each movie is only barely like an hour long

i don't know what production reasons they had and it's not surprising because it's pretty obvious that SHAFT is pouring everything they have into these movies, but part of me wishes kizu was just one long megamovie and i would have been fine waiting even longer for it

That's pretty standard with anime films, especially with trilogies, I think. They probably intentionally split the film into three to make the pieces more digestible to the audience. I'm doubtful there's any deep production reasoning behind it.

On my flight home today, one of the available movies to watch was "your name"; like Makoto Shinkai's other films, it was a visual treat, it had an excellent soundtrack and a story that pulled you in when it really got going. Would definitely recommend seeing it if you have the chance, because it was really good. I'm (Ending Spoilers ahead) especially happy that it had a happy ending.

Edited by Isotope

i've been rewatching YYH with a friend lately because i only got to about episode ~60 as a kid and i figured why not

it's great when you can constantly razz on a show for how cheesy and stupid it is yet still love it and find value in it anyway

Edited by Иecro

YYH is my favorite anime of all time, and a lot of that is due to the dub. That cast was perfect for every single role.

But also it's just a fun ride, and is riddled with memorable fights and characters. My biggest complaint against it is the Dark Tournament drags a bit.

YYH is pretty swell but I don't think it's going to top HxH in my mind

and the dub was pretty decent, but we're watching it in Japanese now and I think I mostly like it better this way, especially Kuwabara

fortunately we're almost to the finals of the dark tournament flower;

Watched all of Flip Flappers yesternight and today after work. Really loved the visuals and the pacing in the first 7ish episodes was great. It kinda dragged a bit starting with ep 8 but I feel like it tugged at your emotions well enough to carry it along despite some cliches. I really loved episode five with the Yuri school from hell. y; I feel like at some point I'll want to rewatch it to take in more of the meaning of the visuals/imagery but that'll be some other time. 

I really liked the YYH manga and what I watched of the anime dub way back in the day. I've never gotten around to watching the full thing and that's really a shame because I don't feel like I'll get around to it any time soon since it just feels like there's so much to watch. 

Trying to figure out what I should watch next. Going to get around to season 2 of Boku no Hero Academia tomorrow after work but I want something completed with a similar feel as Flip Flappers earlier episodes.