Death Note Netflix trailer

Chrom

I had no idea this was gonna be a thing. Huh.

Who was asking for this again?

I'll try to keep an open mind, but western Anime/Manga adaptation don't exactly have a sparkling track record.

I've heard Edge of Tomorrow was pretty good.... and um... that's it. theydonothing;

Edited by Marxforever

Looks horrible. I'll watch it anyway, probably while drinking.

I don't think it can be worse than the Japanese live action movie, if only because I will be watching it the comfort of my own home with a bottle of vodka by my side, not in a crowded movie theatre surrounded by the worst weebs to ever crawl out of their parents' basement.

More than willing to give it a chance since I absolutely love Death Note. The live action Japanese one was pretty awful, as most anime gone live action is, and I can totally see how they "Americanized" this (would've preferred Light to be the attractive, Japanese honour student that he is), but I enjoy the source content enough that I'll watch this bastardization.

I mean I LOVED the book Battle Royale, and the Hunger Games movie was pretty good even though they changed some things.

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I mean I LOVED the book Battle Royale, and the Hunger Games movie was pretty good even though they changed some things.

matty;matty;matty;

If you haven't actually seen the actual movie based on the Battle Royale novel, you really should. It's actually a pretty great adaptation and a fun movie.