IGN's awful walkthrough for Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest Lunatic mode

Chrom

Has anyone ever tried referring to IGN's user-managed walkthrough wiki for help on how to get through the Lunatic mode of Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest? If not, keep it that way, because it's the last place you should ever use as a resource. It provides advice so poor and inefficient that it's humorous in its own right. Anyone with a basic understanding of how the game works should be able to see how bad it is. Allow me to highlight a few key examples for your amusement.

Oh my god, talk about unnecessary. In Conquest, Rescue staves are extremely precious and you are realistically only going to find about a grand total of two during the campaign. So why would you dedicate an entire staff for a strategy that only requires keeping Azura on the move and out of the way until she can regroup with your main force. It works the same way on every difficulty mode. You don't need to use Rescue to bring Azura back; it's not like she's not trapped and is in unavoidable danger. Just have her pick up the Brass Naginata, use the Dragon Vein, maybe fend off the Mercenary if you want (you never need to engage with them), and have her sit in an untouchable corner until you make a path for her. Jeez.

Everyone's favorite defend map, and for good reason. There are a variety of ways to handle this, and one of the most common varying factors is how you handle use of the ballistae (particularly the eastern one), as you normally only have access to one bowman, that being Niles. Niles is a must because he has the natural ability to fend off the Pegasus Knights, who are extremely difficult to handle otherwise due to their high Movement. A second Niles with Replicate, a skill that would require several hours of grinding in a whole different class just to be able to give you a second Niles (unless you happen to find a Niles with Replicate in another player's castle, good luck with that), is not a must. There are other ways to obtain another bowman that do not require such investment, like reclassing Mozu to an Archer, or even just using Niles to capture an enemy Archer from a previous chapter and use them as fodder. Suggesting you give him Replicate is ridiculous by comparison, and I say this as someone who beat Chapter 10 on Lunatic without using more than one Archer or any superfluous grinding.

• Chapter 11: Rainbow Sage (Notre Sagesse) - Bring a Level 200+ unit with Replicate to solo an entire side of the map.

First off, there isn't even such a thing as Level 200+ because the cap only goes up to Level 99, and it's only possible to reach that with gross abuse of grinding and Eternal Seals; you're otherwise only going to find your units stop at Level 20/40. Conquest's campaign does not expect you to go beyond this to beat Chapter 11, let alone rely on another player who's already beaten the game to have a super unit to steamroll through half of the map. It is entirely possible to beat both sides of the map with your main force with careful planning, especially if you take the slow and easy approach and just drag everyone from one side to the other as opposed to divide and conquer. This advice encourages you to just not rely on strategy anymore, which is completely antithetical to the design philosophy of the entire game. Whoever came up with this is a casual and undermines what's so great about Conquest and shouldn't be providing any advice for the game on Lunatic.

They're not even trying anymore. Use one of your female characters as a meatshield to hold any chokepoints when necessary (because males are a priority for being the ones who determine children), and not enemy fodder you could capture with Niles. What even happened to the Level 200+ unit who was suggested in the last map? They could just solo the rest of the game...

Found this on Reddit and wanted to share, but I thought it would be good to provide in-depth explanations to anyone unfamiliar in order to illustrate why this walkthrough is so bad and that Conquest isn't some game that's impossible to beat on Lunatic without such extreme methods.

Something something IGN something something ignorant.

Now, I haven't played Fire Emblem Fates, but that Chapter 11 guided bugged me. I mean, "It is reccomended to take a 200+ level unit from My castle with replicate and defeat the opposing side."

Reccomended? Really, IGN? It's not even that hard a word!