Atlus teasing a new Radiant Historia?

So Atlus has some interesting news. They just put up a site teasing something new for Radiant Historia. The teaser site is little more than some nebulous artwork and a lone suggestion to check the weekly Famitsu on March 23rd. That's Thursday, folks. Maybe this should come as less of a surprise, given that the director of the first game, Mitsuru Hirata, has expressed interest in making a sequel before.

Nevertheless, I'm stoked. Radiant Historia remains one of my favorite RPGs to this day, up with the original Xenoblade Chronicles. Truth be told, I'm not sure how much it needs a sequel, but if the team who masterminded the first game thinks they can do it justice, I'm hard pressed to find a reason to complain. 

Edited by Laclipsey

A remake, huh? I guess at least we won't have to worry about them ruining the ending with a direct sequel. Sounds like this new scenario is going to span the entire game, though, so that's exciting. I wonder if the artifact Nemedia is looking for is actually Historica. I would love some backstory on it, since its existence is sort of downplayed in the game and it feels more like an extra than a plot-related maguffin. There's nothing wrong with that, really, since that's the kind of story Radiant Historia is, but it's something I was always curious about. I'd be happy if the sub history ties in with Stocke obtaining True Historica. Though with this game's writing, It'll probably be something a lot less trite than an origin story for a legendary weapon.

Oh, boy, it's Thursday! INFORMATION DUMP

Box art:

Spoiler

81uDMWMVSKL._SL1000_

Screenshots: 

Spoiler

61381KoM5bL._SL1000_

Animated cutscenes are something to get excited about.

Spoiler

61i581qLucL._SL1000_

For better or for worse, the in-game assets look... hardly any different. 

Spoiler

61wuaUAWylL._SL1000_

And I mean exactly the same.

Spoiler

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology

Even the UI is identical. They must really have been pouring their resources into this extra story content. Or so I'd like to believe.

Spoiler

Updated character portraits, though. It's nice to see, but somehow I still prefer the old portraits. 

Spoiler

71 ePQyuRbL._SL1000_

And for some reason first print copies of the game will include a download code to have these character portraits instead of the standard portraits rendered in the new style. Y'know... if you really want that. 

Special Edition: 

Spoiler

C'mon, this is Atlus. Of course there's a special edition. It looks to include a special box, a 100-page art book, and a two-disc CD soundtrack featuring the complete score of both the original DS game and the updated renditions for the remake. In an interesting twist, it will also include five pieces of DLC than can be downloaded on release day, which may indicate that Atlus is interested in supporting it post-launch with a batch or two of extra content down the line.

Of course, this is all for Japan only at this point. But it's a good bet Atlus will bring it stateside. Now if they can do it with these same preorder bonuses, I'll be ecstatic. 

Edited by Laclipsey

I never got around to beating Radiant Historia though I did like what I played to the point where I stopped. It had to do w/ manipulating time in battle I think or it was a boss battle I couldn't progress past like a lot of games, maybe I need to try again. At least 2017 is turning out to be great for the 3DS again.