Shin Megami Tensei/Persona thread

Juanblue85

hey no offense because i know you all are suffering this valentine's day 2017, the year of our lord when you could have been playing persona 5 but i'm playing persona 3 for the first time and came here to complain about how shit mitsuru is as a character instead of doing it in the chat thread

offense 1: super stuck up and will not hang out with me until i am a genius??? like bitch???? as if i wanted to hang out with your 25 year old ass mentality anyway like god please remove the stick from your ass and get a personality 

offense 2: SIGNED ME UP FOR SUMMER SCHOOL WITHOUT MY PERMISSION???????????????? STILL VERY SALTY ABOUT THIS. DEFINITELY HAD SHIT TO DO DURING THAT WEEK I MISSED. I WAS WITHIN THE TOP TEN IN MY CLASS LIKE OKAY MOM NOT SURE WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE BUT WE ALL KNOW JUNPEI IS THE ONLY ONE FAILING

offense 3: ken, the Literal Child, just came back from brooding after shinjiro died and the FIRST THING she asked him was IF HE CAN FIGHT AGAIN? LIKE CAN YOU PLEASE RELAX? not 'hey ken glad to see you wandered back here after last night' or 'hey ken im sorry about your mom and shit' or 'hey are you okay because youre a LITERAL CHILD WHO WAS MISSING FOR HOURS' 

like have your waifu i literally do not care but i honestly c a n n o t  s t a n d  h e r 

this concludes part 1 of sarah complains about mitsuru

tune in 4 hours from now when i'm sure she'll do something else to make me hate her 

58 minutes ago, chickadee said:

hey no offense because i know you all are suffering this valentine's day 2017, the year of our lord when you could have been playing persona 5 but i'm playing persona 3 for the first time and came here to complain about how shit mitsuru is as a character instead of doing it in the chat thread

offense 1: super stuck up and will not hang out with me until i am a genius??? like bitch???? as if i wanted to hang out with your 25 year old ass mentality anyway like god please remove the stick from your ass and get a personality 

offense 2: SIGNED ME UP FOR SUMMER SCHOOL WITHOUT MY PERMISSION???????????????? STILL VERY SALTY ABOUT THIS. DEFINITELY HAD SHIT TO DO DURING THAT WEEK I MISSED. I WAS WITHIN THE TOP TEN IN MY CLASS LIKE OKAY MOM NOT SURE WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE BUT WE ALL KNOW JUNPEI IS THE ONLY ONE FAILING

offense 3: ken, the Literal Child, just came back from brooding after shinjiro died and the FIRST THING she asked him was IF HE CAN FIGHT AGAIN? LIKE CAN YOU PLEASE RELAX? not 'hey ken glad to see you wandered back here after last night' or 'hey ken im sorry about your mom and shit' or 'hey are you okay because youre a LITERAL CHILD WHO WAS MISSING FOR HOURS' 

like have your waifu i literally do not care but i honestly c a n n o t  s t a n d  h e r 

this concludes part 1 of sarah complains about mitsuru

tune in 4 hours from now when i'm sure she'll do something else to make me hate her 

yeah but she hot 

2 hours ago, Gold said:

Since this is bumped, I recently started SMT4A. I liked the feel of SMT4 better but SMT4A seems more concise which I am really liking.

Honestly Apocalypse is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. The final dungeon is balls hard and the boss is incredible. It feels like an expansion to SMT4 with a lot of the shitty elements cleaned up. Good game. 

Apocalypse final dungeon was a nice throwback to the series final dungeons. (Balls hard to me is and still will be Nocturne's and the runner up Digital Devil Saga 1) I couldnt rage at all in Apocalypse since SMT finally went modernize with the whole save anywhere and the MP Walking (if you spent points into it) I just save scum after a while.

29 minutes ago, DivineTrinity said:

Apocalypse final dungeon was a nice throwback to the series final dungeons. (Balls hard to me is and still will be Nocturne's and the runner up Digital Devil Saga 1) I couldnt rage at all in Apocalypse since SMT finally went modernize with the whole save anywhere and the MP Walking (if you spent points into it) I just save scum after a while.

I feel like a fake for not having played Nocturne. 

2 hours ago, Brute Justice said:

Nocturne isn't hard either, but you will die if you don't have the right demons, or waste literally an hour on a boss like I did fighting girimehkala without any of the right spells.

If there's one part that makes you want to kill yourself it's strange journey's sector E.

Which one was sector e

3 minutes ago, ライムネコマスター said:

out of all the difficulties various smt games have had, i think the single thing that has traumatized me the most is

"mothman endured!"

oh god i'm experiencing terror flashbacks

i think i'm almost done with p3, and i'm running into exactly the same problem i had with p4, in which i don't think i have enough time to finish the links i have left over theydonothing;

which is unfortunate, but i might end up playing again anyway, so we'll see i guess

according to @SuperWooper dying 'totally high school aged' stripe-shirt mcgee takes like 2 and a half months which i am almost CERTAIN i do not have left lmao so sry buddy death is coming to us all i guess

other thoughts:

Spoiler

• yukari said she loves me, which was v cute
  • mitsuru is still mediocre at best, but her dad dying did make me sad
  • i saw the thing with ikutsuki coming from literally day 1 - something about a trustworthy adult in a fucked up world with a bunch of good kids made it WAY too obvious to me 
  • still fairly 'eh' about most of the social links in this game?? can't think of a single one i wouldn't trade for a single corn chip thus far, other than little girl and the old couple
  • aigis has grown on me but i still find her speaking cadence too jarring to really get over 
  • not real sure what happened to jin & jesus yet but i don't miss gothloli like at all, but the ending of that with junpei did, admittedly, pull on my heartstrings

• 1 month later...