A Switch game night proposition

1 minute ago, The Albraskan said:

Maybe MK8 DLX can share the MK8 game night so it doesn't have to take two separate nights? But then I guess that would leave the other two Switch games to still need a game night, along with splitting the MK8 game night lobbies. I dunno, it was just a suggestion. 

Surge had thrown that out to me about MK8 vs MK8DLX .... IDK....   I mean.... you have the 8U owners then.... would a DLX on the same night be inclusive or exclusive for the main racers?  Some might not want to take time away from racing a larger crowd of 8U owners versus the 8DLX owners....  I didn't want to step on the 8U (currently) set up Surge had for non Switch owners...  I'd be adaptive in that way.

If there are close to as many people with Deluxe that have the Wii U version and play on a regular basis, then by all means Deluxe could take over Thursday. I just know there are some people on here that are less likely to buy Deluxe because spending $60 to double-dip on a game they bought within the last two years with very minimal 'Deluxe features' added on is absurd.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

With off-screen play, I can more likely participate in MK8DLX game nights. Won't be able to chat or anything though.

Also, are we doing separate nights for racing and battle? Both on the same night? Alternating, etc?

I am not sure what Surge is thinking about cooking up for MK Thursdays....  I believe the crowd would still have a mix of MK8 only, both, and possibly some MK8DLX only.

• 1 month later...

EYCNgHX.png?1

Anyone one up for some Puyo Puyo Tetris? Me and @purple_beard are planning to do some either tonight or tomorrow, since online is pretty much dead except ranked mode.

If this becomes a thing maybe we can have a dedicated night?

EDIT: 

Looks like this is happening tonight at 10 PM eastern if anyone is interested. Be sure to hit up then N4A Discord for the chat. ;)

Edited by alienboyva
2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

What works for you guys? I was thinking tonight, since tomorrow night is MK8DX and Thursday is MK8 (Wii U).

I can do tonight at our usual MK8 time (10 PM EST).

1 hour ago, ArmoredFrog said:

Tonight at the usual MK8 time (10pm Eastern) works for me.

10pm for some Tetris action?

Sounds good to me.

We can use the OG chat on discord.

RXPufHb.png?1

We ended up playing Smash instead of Puyo Puyo Tetris (didn't realize we still had a Smash night). :P We're panning on trying this again after our MK8DX night tonight @ 11 PM eastern, if any one is interested. We'll be in the MK8 or OG chat in the N4A Discord.  Hope to see you there! ;)

If needed we can start before our MK8DX night, which starts at 10 PM EST.

Edited by alienboyva
18 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

We ended up playing Smash instead of Puyo Puyo Tetris (didn't realize we still had a Smash night). :P We're panning on doing some Puyo Puyo Tetris after our MK8DX night tonight @ 11 PM eastern, if any one is interested. We'll be in the MK8 or OG chat in the N4A Discord.  ;)

Well, we haven't had the actual Smash Night in quite a few months....  I had just happened to see Marx online in discord talking about Smashing.... wanted to see if he wanted to play before we started PPT.... then as it turned out he got back on Discord about 10m before we were about to start at 10pm.  Then, it was like a collective "damn, we haven't played Smash in forever" and proceeded to scratch that itch instead.