FACTOR 5 is back and working on a game for the Switch?

Link: http://gonintendo.com/stories/276107-factor-5-rises-from-the-ashes-reacquires-turrican-license-gives#comments

WHAT?! Factor 5 is back? ...And working on the Switch?!!!!!

mind-blown.gif

Too bad they don't have the Star Wars license any more, but it's cool they're working on something for the Switch. I hope whatever they are working turns out to be a success and that we see more games from them in the future.

Edited by alienboyva

Pretty awesome. I hope another Turrican game is their current project, as its their baby and it's been practically been 21-22 years since we've seen the iron lug. :P' I also I wouldn't mind seeing some of there canceled projects turn up like, Animal Wars or the Rogue Squadron compilation. 

Edited by AGES
54 minutes ago, luigitornado said:

*gif*

Get the hell out.

I'm not going to read much into these comments. For all we know, Eggebrecht has friends at another developer that allowed him to tinker with the dev kit, and that's all. Not that I would've love a game comparable to Rogue Squadron and Rogue Leader. I still love those games.

4 hours ago, ライムネコマスター said:

I also would not know who the hell Factor 5 is/was if it had not been the added context.

Why not? Factor 5 was the team behind the GameCube's best launch game.

Edited by Namevah
1 hour ago, Namevah said:

Why not? Factor 5 was the team behind the GameCube's best launch game.

Since then, they have made Lair, and not-made several games that either got cancelled or never made it through the concept phase.

And hell, I was aware Rogue Squadron was an acclaimed game on the Gamecube, but if you asked me who made it, I'd be like "uhhhhhhh...LucasArts?  I dunner."

Like, I wouldn't expect someone to know off of the top of their head who made Eternal Darkness.

Edited by Cryptic
  • 2 months later...

Damn... Still a shame about EA owning the Star Wars gaming license now, even if their next attempt at Battlefront looks much more promising.

I remember before Factor 5 was gonna do their attempt at a Superman game last gen, but it got cancelled sadly due to their bankruptcy at the time or somesuch.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:40 PM, Ridley Prime said:

Damn... Still a shame about EA owning the Star Wars gaming license now, even if their next attempt at Battlefront looks much more promising.

I remember before Factor 5 was gonna do their attempt at a Superman game last gen, but it got cancelled sadly due to their bankruptcy at the time or somesuch.

Like Silicon Knights it seems like once Factor 5 moved on from Nintendo they tripped and fell into a rough spot. :(