Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Square Enix Titles Thread

Juanblue85

I mean... I know. A man can dream. :P

It would honestly be nice if both Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age and Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir could get this treatment. It would remove all incentive to obtain a PlayStation 4. It's not like it's a bad console or anything; it would just save me some money on consoles. Regardless of its kinks, the Switch is a guaranteed buy from me, if not an immediate priority.

2 minutes ago, Schmengland said:

I mean... I know. A man can dream. :P

It would honestly be nice if both Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age and Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir could get this treatment. It would remove all incentive to obtain a PlayStation 4. It's not like it's a bad console or anything; it would just save me some money on consoles. Regardless of its kinks, the Switch is a guaranteed buy from me, if not an immediate priority.

Same here with Digimon World Next Order. For some dumb reason, BandaiNamco only released it on the Vita for Japan, not for the US. We only get the PS4 port. Well people liked Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth enough stateside to warrant it coming out on the Vita here as well. The Switch would be a great compromise.

• 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, Schmengland said:

For what is that download code? Does it get you a digital copy to be listened via the PS4?

Actually its so you can use the original FFXII soundtrack in game as the new version is using a remastered soundtrack. Think of it similar to FFX in which not many people liked the remastered soundtrack and they included the original soundtrack (PS4/PC only). For X it was already an option to change it but for XII its a download code.

6 minutes ago, Schmengland said:

I got the same download code and haven't used it; yet, there is already an option to switch between original and reorchestrated in the config menu. Is there something I'm not understanding?

See there you go. Now you have the option to change from original soundtrack to remastered soundtrack and vice versa. This is just an option for those who prefer either soundtrack while they are playing the game. 

5 hours ago, Schmengland said:

Huh. So I guess my download code is completely redundant, then.

OK so here is what I found out. The original music is indeed already on FFXII Zodiac Age but its the music on how it sounded on the PS2 days then you have the rearranged soundtrack that's of course already in the game. Then there is this code which I found out is supposed to be a more higher quality and from the CD soundtrack. 

Original Soundtrack PS2 = how it sounded running on a PS2 sound card. The PS2 version was played using the consoles sound card, which was nowhere near as advanced.

The Rearranged  Version in the PS4 version is exactly what it sounds like, the entire soundtrack re-recorded with an actual orchestra.

Original Soundtrack (DLC) = Super high quality version of the original which was in the Soundtrack CD release.

2 minutes ago, Juanblue85 said:

New Kingdom Hearts III trailer. Toy Story world confirmed! 2018 release!!

KH isn't FF despite the company and crossovers, I feel this could have had it's own thread

• 1 month later...

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT COMING TO NORTH AMERICA ON JANUARY 30
Multiple Pre-Order Editions Available for All Fans

LOS ANGELES (Aug. 17, 2017) – Pitting legendary heroes and villains from the FINAL FANTASY® franchise together in exhilarating team battles, DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY NT, will come to North America on January 30, 2018 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

Fans have multiple pre-order options to experience DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT’s fast-paced 3-on-3 battles, highlighted below. Full comprehensive details are available at http://sqex.to/DissidiaPreOrder.

3Xx8f8m.jpg
Ultimate Collector’s Edition ($189.99) – Exclusive from the Square Enix Online Store
Warrior of Light bust figure (8.25” tall)
Official soundtrack with 15 tracks selected from the DISSIDIA series and newly recorded music
80-page hardback artbook
Season Pass that gives access to six new playable characters and content post launch
SteelBook™ case unique to the “UCE”
Collector’s Box featuring legendary FINAL FANTASY characters

DHe8nIMUwAE3gCc.jpg

MfNVzxOl.png
SteelBook Brawler Edition ($59.99)
Customers who pre-order from participating retailers will receive one of three limited edition SteelBook designs at random. Each SteelHook design features a different set of iconic FINAL FANTASY heroes and villains to trade and collect.

Digital Edition ($59.99) and Digital Deluxe Edition ($84.99)
Fans interested in a digital-only version can pre-order from the PlayStation®Store to instantly receive a mini-soundtrack featuring five songs plus access to the ‘Nameless Warrior’ character skin for Warrior of Light. The Digital Deluxe Edition also includes the Season Pass.

The latest DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT tutorial video is available on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze6rwZ6mbFE .

Edited by Juanblue85