Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Square Enix Titles Thread

Juanblue85

On 9/26/2016 at 2:35 AM, Kezay said:

I wish Square Enix would return to the world that the Crystal Chronicles games made up as it really seemed like they were trying to build a cohesive world and history from game to game that could have turned into something more.

I really don't understand why they didn't use the Crystal Chronicles world and races for an MMO, or at least a co-op online game like Monster Hunter/FF Explorers. I have a bunch of notebook pages of different classes and occupations for each race, skills and spells, weapons... theydonothing; I'm a pretty big Crystal Chronicles fan haha. I think if I had one dream IP that I could develop a game for, it would be Crystal Chronicles.

On that note, they could've just as easily used Ivalice for the same purpose. Plenty of races and classes to borrow from the Tactics series, and a ton of lore between all the Ivalice Alliance games. *sigh* Those worlds are so long abandoned and forgotten... Oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

I went into the World of Final Fantasy demo with almost no idea of what I was getting into. I didn't care for what I played towards the start, partially because the game tells you almost nothing, forcing you to figure out basically everything. Once I did, I ended up really enjoying myself. It's a cute Pokemon-esche game.

1 minute ago, Namevah said:

I went into the World of Final Fantasy demo with almost no idea of what I was getting into. I didn't care for what I played towards the start, partially because the game tells you almost nothing, forcing you to figure out basically everything. Once I did, I ended up really enjoying myself. It's a cute Pokemon-esche game.

Yea I'm looking forward to playing the demo once it comes out in NA on the 21st for the Vita.

I played IV, X, VI, VII, and IX in that order.

IV is good.

X has incredible character leveling and one of my favorite battle systems.

VI had an incredible first half and a 'meh' latter half.

VII is okay. Easily my least favorite.

IX is amazing. My favorite, without a doubt. The only one I would consider replaying.

I'm most interested in playing V next. Aside from that, Crystal Bearers was a pretty cool game that I think nobody else ever played and Theatrhythm: Curtain Call is a must-have if you have even the slightest interest the series' music.

On 10/18/2016 at 5:12 PM, Namevah said:

I concur on this sentiment I at first played it and didn't actually like it but it was unfair for it so I decided to give it another go again and this time I actually did find some enjoyment out of it especially trying to get all the monsters/summons/characters in the game. I have since gone ahead and pre ordered the PlayStation Vita version so I can play it on the go and got a free eGuide for the game as well when Prima was giving away a code to get a free eGuide even ones that haven't released yet so I used the code towards WoFF.

Edited by Juanblue85
Just now, Juanblue85 said:

from what I hear it starts off easy but the further in it will get challenging.

Yea.

And the monster on the right in this photo is a pain in the butt. He gives me a hard time. 

L9AXCWb.jpg

And those weird lizard like death like creatures are another pain in the butt.

i've played all of them so here's the officially objective mainline ff opinion list of objectiveness

I - Good. Dated, but still pretty good.
II - Kusoge. Don't play this one. It sucks.
III - Pretty Good and the true genesis of the job system. The final dungeon is pretty much the worst thing in the entire series.
IV - I don't like it as much as most but it's still a really good entry title. Play the DS version, PSP version is RPG maker crap.
V - Muh Job System = Instant Brownie Points.
VI - Ultros Boogie! Overrated, but it deserves most of the praise.
VII - Very flawed masterpiece. Babby's first JRPG.
VIII - Whatever. I can play Triple Triad elsewhere now.
IX - That one that came between VIII and X.
X - Pretty damn okay. Belt dress.
XI - Really good once you get into it.
XII - Square gives up all pretense and just makes Star Wars. Also Kawazu bullshit.
XIII - World is Tube.
XIV - Really good, but not quite as good as XI since it's very much like WoW. still tho
XV - New Mobile Report Final Fantasy.

I look at all these people with good taste posting their favorite FFs and I'm just sitting here feeling like some kind of dirty heathen. 

XIII: Lightning Returns is my favorite FF game

Now that I got that off my chest, time to consider ritual suicide for having shit taste

2 hours ago, SatoshiKyu said:

I look at all these people with good taste posting their favorite FFs and I'm just sitting here feeling like some kind of dirty heathen. 

XIII: Lightning Returns is my favorite FF game

Now that I got that off my chest, time to consider ritual suicide for having shit taste

I have the game. Haven't played it yet, but it's supposed to have a bitchin' battle system. Most of the criticism towards the game stemmed either from Lightning's personality or, "NOBODY LIKED FINAL FANTASY XIII; WHY IS THERE A TRILOGY?!" So, I think you're fine.