You suddenly find yourself in the Pokemon world, ready to go on an adventure... who's your ideal starter?

Lets say Professor Oak has upped his game, and he's letting you choose the earliest form of any Pokemon that wasn't one per game or event exclusive. You know nothing about the region of the Pokemon world that you're in, so gym leaders and obtainable Pokemon don't effect your choice

Who do you choose for what's likely to be your journey's main Pokemon partner, and why?

5 minutes ago, Necro said:

Sneasel. I've always considered him like "my Pikachu", or something along those lines. Easily one of my favorite Pokemon, he's just a bro.

Then I'd cop Abra, Gastly, Cleffa, and a Porygon, head on over to Saffron, and hang out with/train under The Mistress of Psychic Pokemon, Sabrina. Journeys are overrated. :aweyes:

I'd say that'd be a journey in it's own right! No need to face gyms or the Elite 4 if you don't want to. :P

4 of the 6 generations start with a Gym that has a weakness to the Fighting-type when switching out B/W gym line-up for B2/W2's. Many of the regions start out with a normal Pokémon and a normal/flying type Pokémon as well, so I think my best start in the Pokémon world would come from a fighter. I would pick Machop, since I love his evolution line...and can teach a Machamp something crazy like Flamethrower, Fire Blast or Stone Edge.

Hm, that's a tough one.  I'd probably pick Pikachu since Ash's close bond with his own reminds me of myself and all the hamsters we've ever had.  As a close second (or maybe a tie) I'd pick a Gastly to evolve into Gengar at some point, because it was one of my absolute favorite Pokémon in my younger years and still is.  Together, we'd be champs in the making.

__champs_in_the_making___by_bowser81889.

Eevee, or if possible a shiny Eevee, to get an Umbreon. Umbreon is my favorite since it's intro in Gen 2, just something about it made me yearn for it and took me a long time to even get my first one. Trying to balance out my team I would want to go for 5 more Eevee evolutions just like I did in my Alpha Sapphire run(the two not used were Glaceon and Leafeon) though I would switch Flareon out for Galceon but hard to say if I would do that.