Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Miiverse is alright to share screenshots but using image host sites through the Wii U's Internet Browser produces better results. Here's a comparison of a screenshot I just took at Kakariko Village to demonstrate the difference:

Miiverse (reuploaded via Imgur)

Internet Browser (uploaded via Postimg)

Not sure about Facebook or Google+, but I can see that the image quality of screenshots uploaded through the Wii U Internet Browser actually looks better than sharing screenshots of the Nintendo Switch version through Twitter, which is amusing.

Wow... This game... Just... Storytime, I guess?

I really like the controls and combat. Took a few hours (!!!) to get used to, but moving around and attacking is just... Satisfying.

Has anyone been to the shrine in the ocean by the second town? There was a Major Trial of Combat in it and a crazy multi-weapon mini-Guardian... I burned through like, 2 of those eightfold katanas, 2 soldier's swords, a soldier's claymore, and a bunch of other crap. It was really different compared to any other Zelda combat experience I've ever had. Same with fighting a Hinox and Steppe Talus.

I've spent a lot of my time so far just exploring, and collecting towers when possible.  So far the only tower I've had to back away from was one surrounded by electric Lizalfos and electric ghosties.

I'm finally moving on to more main quest stuff; randomly selected to go the Zora route first.

I named my horse Disco.

6 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

Kind of a bummer it's not integrated into the game. Should be as easy pressing a button and it writing to the SD card. Having to use Miiverse or any website requires booting into other software. The WiiU is slow enough, but BotW has some additional loading after opening the home menu.

At least it's there. Not every game has Miiverse screenshots.

27 minutes ago, subrosian said:

I really like the controls and combat. Took a few hours (!!!) to get used to, but moving around and attacking is just... Satisfying.

Has anyone been to the shrine in the ocean by the second town? There was a Major Trial of Combat in it and a crazy multi-weapon mini-Guardian... I burned through like, 2 of those eightfold katanas, 2 soldier's swords, a soldier's claymore, and a bunch of other crap. It was really different compared to any other Zelda combat experience I've ever had. Same with fighting a Hinox and Steppe Talus.

If you want a good fight head south of the shrine that's south of the great tabantha Bridge. 

Edited by Mao
38 minutes ago, Mao said:

If you want a good fight head south of the shrine that's south of the great tabantha Bridge. 

Cool, I'll check it out.

12 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Fuck Myahm Agana Shrine.

That is all.

No joke, I ended up getting the ball to the last track, rotating it so the bottom-right corner was super low, and then paragliding into the maze (also to get the chest). Then I pushed it up towards the edge, used Stasis, and beat it with a mop. Worked like a charm. Before that I tried at least 10 times, but getting that last 'flick' onto the ramp was too much for me. I've also heard people that just turned the whole thing upside down, but I never tried that.

Also, I'm really loving the myriad Zelda references in location names and even map layouts. I NEVER thought that there would be a reference to The Minish Cap in a mainline 3D Zelda, but I guess it is the same director... (If there has been a Minish Cap reference in a previous game I missed, please let me know)

For the sequel they should break the world up into 3 islands/small continents. Holodrum, Labrynna, and uh... Koholint Island: Real Life Edition

Edited by subrosian

I'm really really loving this game. I'm kind of around the trail leading towards the dueling peaks that the king advised me about to reach Kakariko Village. I started my sitting tonight though by continuing to explore the Great Plateau, and I'm glad I did as I now am wearing the Warm Doublet. I was shocked to find the item within a chest at the Old Man's house. I also experienced my first blood moon cutscene, initially being somewhat terrified that I had not reached Hyrule Castle in time and Calamity Ganon had reached full power. A time limit there thankfully is not a thing in this game. Experienced my first thunderstorm too, and did die to a lightning bolt. As someone who has a fondness for thunderstorms, I loved how detailed the weather event was andhow my choice of gear impacted how I had to traverse in those conditions. I'm done for tonight, but I can see myself putting in a lot of hours tomorrow...like 6-8.

6 hours ago, subrosian said:

Spoiler

I found that shrine yesterday but it kicked my ass. My equipment just wasn't up to snuff; the mini-guardian would one-shot me but my attacks barely chipped away at it. It was also the first combat shrine I found so it was kind of a shock to see after going through easier puzzle shrines. I finished it today though, with some better weapons and attack-boosting food.

Speaking of combat I fought a Lynel earlier. Cool to see a classic enemy and it really lives up to the toughness of past iterations, mostly because it charged around so much that even with flurry blows it was hard to get a good chain of damage going. I'm enjoying how the bigger enemies really feel unique and can require different strategies, and how you can just kind of stumble over them and suddenly you're engaged in this epic fight.

1 hour ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Question, and I only want general locations.  I have the magnet and bombs shrines completed, but having trouble finding the next two.  Found kokoris and stuff while exploring.

• For one of them, you have to go to the southern edge of the region.
  • For the other, it rests on the heights of Mt. Hylia in the southwest.