Zelda: Breath of the Wild

2 hours ago, Gold said:

Like....5 times? You can feed them apples.

Oh yeah, silver lynels drop them too, I forgot about that. It's about the same chance as from the amiibo.

Ok, well that's more times than I ever fed them, lol. I figured they would only eat meat, idk that I've ever known a dog to eat an apple. :v

I figured the silver lynel star fragment drop was pretty rare; I killed a bunch of them and only had it drop one time.

Finally took down that pesky Muwo Jeem shrine! :P Now onto getting some more weapons and doing some ingredient hunting. Didn't get an Ancient Core from him though dammit. But oh well.

Ok this is strange. I was taking down some bad guys in East Necluda and saw a fairy flying away. I thought it was an accidental letting go of one, but I double checked a previous save and saw that I had the same amount of fairies. It was before taking them on. Tried it again and didn't run into it. Very strange.

Anyone else run into anything like this before?

Edited by Doc Brown
7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Finally took down that pesky Muwo Jeem shrine! :P Now onto getting some more weapons and doing some ingredient hunting. Didn't get an Ancient Core from him though dammit. But oh well.

Ok this is strange. I was taking down some bad guys in East Necluda and saw a fairy flying away. I thought it was an accidental letting go of one, but I double checked a previous save and saw that I had the same amount of fairies. It was before taking them on. Tried it again and didn't run into it. Very strange.

Anyone else run into anything like this before?

Fairies can sometimes come out of cut grass. It's possible you cut a bush or something that contained a fairy and spooked it off. You can only have a maximum number of fairies at any time so if you ran into one that means you can still carry a few more. It's a lot easier just to visit one of the Great Fairy Fountains and stock up.

Edited by Carl321
5 hours ago, Carl321 said:

Fairies can sometimes come out of cut grass. It's possible you cut a bush or something that contained a fairy and spooked it off. You can only have a maximum number of fairies at any time so if you ran into one that means you can still carry a few more. It's a lot easier just to visit one of the Great Fairy Fountains and stock up.

Cool. That's probably what I did. 

1 hour ago, Gold said:

The site has a countdown for day five too which talks about the korok mask and the original idea before the korok seeds

... And it helpfully says nothing about why Koroks are in this game in the first place! I swear, Breath of the Wild was made specifically to infuriate anyone who cares about the series lore.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Found a fallen star location last night, but as I was going there, it started to rain :(. Marked the place beforehand but have been unable to find it.

They disappear by 5am

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Dammit. That's probably what happened. Oh well :(. They just don't give enough time to try to get one.

Most fall by 12am so that's at least five in game hours

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Eep that's even worse. :( 

9pm-12am is usual fall time. They disappear at 5am. Marking and then warping close by gives plenty of time.

When farming them it takes about an in game hour to reach them after seeing them land and warping off the dueling peaks.

27 minutes ago, Gold said:

9pm-12am is usual fall time. They disappear at 5am. Marking and then warping close by gives plenty of time.

When farming them it takes about an in game hour to reach them after seeing them land and warping off the dueling peaks.

Ah I see. Well I ran into a nice rainstorm and it ate up some time trying to wait it out. anhero;