Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I really wish every streamer I've watched today would quit running from every enemy encounter that aren't Bokoblins so I can see what nuanced combat looks like. 

So far I've just seen button mashing. 

Looks pretty tho, map is big enough to get sufficiently lost, but not sure it's better than Witcher 3 at this point. It seems like most of the map has pretty similar landscapes and it's difficult to tell where you are on the map without opening it up or searching for distant landmarks like Hyrule Castle or Death Mountain. 

Framerate drops seem to be common unless you switch to the Pro HUD. But even then I've seen it drop to like the teens. 

Haven't seen a dungeon/temple yet, but the shrines are neat as stand alone things, but I definitely haven't really seen use for the abilities in them outside finding small chests with loot/koroks. Curious to know if those abilities really help in main story areas or not. 

I'm guessing not if you can go straight to Ganon which is a bit of a shame knowing that most of the abilities you're getting is only helpful to get craft materials.

Seems like people are enjoying it, though right now it looks like Survival Simulator: Zelda Edition™ (With Puzzle Areas!) Waiting to see more of the game open up and some sort of meaningful side quests or something. 

Just got to Kakariko village (thought I was taking my time getting there but once I opened up the map I found I had pretty much taken the direct path). So far I'm really enjoying it. I'm definitely indulging in a lot of wandering and collecting every little item I can, but so far it feels like there's a decent amount of content, meaning I don't have to go too far to find something else to do. Granted sometimes that's just fishing a treasure chest out of a pool of water but I feel like I'm engaged in really seeing everything that the game's world has to offer.

It's pretty awesome, doesn't really feel like any other Zelda game in gameplay or tone which is weird but good. I'm at Kakariko Village, objectives seemed to have opened up a lot.

There does seem to be a big focus on cooking with all the collectibles. Combat is weird, it's tough to get the hang of, the controls are definitely at least a little bit obtuse with how much functionality is crammed in, hopefully it becomes more intuitive. Being stuck with no weapon in your hands in the middle of a fight when it breaks is weird.

I've been playing pretty much all day and still haven't done a single real dungeon.

Also, I found something and have no idea what purpose it can possibly serve. I'd imagine something like this would normal have an interaction like other things I found, so I dunno if I can come back later or what. It's hidden, for spoilers:

Spoiler

In the southern area of the map, I found some kind of thunder dragon or something. He seems to just continually go back and forth from point A to point B.

2 minutes ago, ライムネコマスター said:

I've been playing pretty much all day and still haven't done a single real dungeon.

Also, I found something and have no idea what purpose it can possibly serve. I'd imagine something like this would normal have an interaction like other things I found, so I dunno if I can come back later or what. It's hidden, for spoilers:

Hide contents

In the southern area of the map, I found some kind of thunder dragon or something. He seems to just continually go back and forth from point A to point B.

pretty sure that's one of the divine beasts that I assume has a dungeon attached to it. I've noticed it, but haven't seen anyone do any attempts at doing anything with it. 

8 minutes ago, Mao said:

pretty sure that's one of the divine beasts that I assume has a dungeon attached to it. I've noticed it, but haven't seen anyone do any attempts at doing anything with it. 

I kind of thought that at first, but from what I've gathered so far, they're supposed to be machines and this guy seemed like a genuine dragon. There's even like, an altar thing nearby but lol it's a Korok puzzle

I made it all the way to the very end of Hyrule Castle to see how far I could get with just the early game stuff but decided to go back and enjoy the rest of game once I felt I couldn't get past the boss. I'm sure it's possible to overcome it but I'd rather get better at the game first and try again later. It's a fun ride.

Could you technically just go to the final boss from the start?

Beat one of the overworld bosses and found another one.

Does anyone know if you can fight or interact with Farosh?

What has everyone been praying for, hearts or stamina?

Edited by Gold

My initial impressions of this game are good.  I've made it to the town after Kakariko Village.

So far, it definitely seems different from every other Zelda.  Not sure how to approach the combat yet.  I definitely die, as I underestimate the strength of a lot of the enemies.  After getting punished a few times, I'm now more "uhhh...that guy looks pretty strong.  Am I supposed to fight him at this point, or stealth around him?"

I haven't gotten bored of wandering around  yet, so that's a good sign for now.

As much as I love Fred Flinstone and thus my Bokoblin Club Kung Fu being used to beat them in the head I am not 100% for these destructible weapons.  IT took me several hours to refind a sword that I could cut grass with and I sitll haven't gotten a 2nd axe to chop trees with.

When I pick the game back up I am doing the bomb shrine.