The Nintendo Baseball League

Triforcemaster3

1 minute ago, Triforcemaster3 said:

You're not kidding, at least with regard to Sony.  Sony went 3-0 vs Nintendo tonight.  Nintendo was 2-0 vs Microsoft, other 3 matches were intra-league.

Doesn't hurt to tell my guys to be ready for them then.

And I'm not taking any chances on the Microsoft teams just because the Nintendo teams had a flawless night.

Edited by Fuzzer1

Up early guys.

Let me tell you as a NASCAR fan, it's annoying seeing so many fellow fans be constantly negative towards everything on social media. The past two weeks, NBC's lead NASCAR announcer Rick Allen was in London doing track and field events so they had Australian born announcer Leigh Diffey do the races at Watkins Glen and Michigan, the latter of the two I was at today, and people like his work in F1 and Indycar races so surely NASCAR fans would be fine with an announcer who's well liked in other forms of motorsports doing their sport right? Right?

WRONG!

Plenty of fans hated him and said they didn't like having a "British" announcer covering NASCAR races, even if it's only temporary. And that's sad.

To be fair he does have his loyal fans and I also liked him as well so he had a fair amount of support as well, but NASCAR fans, no matter what happens, are never happy. And that's awful.

10 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Up early guys.

Let me tell you as a NASCAR fan, it's annoying seeing so many fellow fans be constantly negative towards everything on social media. The past two weeks, NBC's lead NASCAR announcer Rick Allen was in London doing track and field events so they had Australian born announcer Leigh Diffey do the races at Watkins Glen and Michigan, the latter of the two I was at today, and people like his work in F1 and Indycar races so surely NASCAR fans would be fine with an announcer who's well liked in other forms of motorsports doing their sport right? Right?

WRONG!

Plenty of fans hated him and said they didn't like having a "British" announcer covering NASCAR races, even if it's only temporary. And that's sad.

To be fair he does have his loyal fans and I also liked him as well so he had a fair amount of support as well, but NASCAR fans, no matter what happens, are never happy. And that's awful.

Pretty sure they didn't like the foreign sounding substitute announcer because this is #merica and we don't like foreigners calling NASCAR races.  

I mean, this isn't soccer, or even a traditional sport like football or baseball.  NASCAR grew up out of the backwaters of the south, and demographically its very white, very conservative, and very male oriented even when compared to other sports.  I can't imagine fans of say, MLB, having as much a problem with this guy if he had experience in baseball.  Of course, there's a subsegment of MLB fans that don't like Jessica Mendoza just because she's a woman.  Haters gonna hate I guess

1 minute ago, Triforcemaster3 said:

Pretty sure they didn't like the foreign sounding substitute announcer because this is #merica and we don't like foreigners calling NASCAR races.  

I mean, this isn't soccer, or even a traditional sport like football or baseball.  NASCAR grew up out of the backwaters of the south, and demographically its very white, very conservative, and very male oriented even when compared to other sports.  I can't imagine fans of say, MLB, having as much a problem with this guy if he had experience in baseball.  Of course, there's a subsegment of MLB fans that don't like Jessica Mendoza just because she's a woman.  Haters gonna hate I guess

Yep. That's that "Sounthern redneck culture" for ya.

But since this race at Michigan was his first time in my state I sent him a tweet on his Twitter page welcoming him to Michigan as a lifelong resident all 24 years of my life and he liked it. The way I see it, if someone's coming to my wonderful state for the first time, I should do a small part to make them feel welcomed like any guest should.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Yep. That's that "Sounthern redneck culture" for ya.

But since this race at Michigan was his first time in my state I sent him a tweet on his Twitter page welcoming him to Michigan as a lifelong resident all 24 years of my life and he liked it. The way I see it, if someone's coming to my wonderful state for the first time, I should do a small part to make them feel welcomed like any guest should.

MIS is actually a really nice facility.  My cross country team actually held camp for several years in nearby Brooklyn, Michigan at the Sauk Valley Sports Center.  The week we were there was usually the week leading into the race at MIS so by Thursday we would start to see these NASCAR folks all over the place.  

2 minutes ago, Triforcemaster3 said:

MIS is actually a really nice facility.  My cross country team actually held camp for several years in nearby Brooklyn, Michigan at the Sauk Valley Sports Center.  The week we were there was usually the week leading into the race at MIS so by Thursday we would start to see these NASCAR folks all over the place.  

It's considered the fastest track in NASCAR with qualifying speeds at over 200 MPH but the races are boring follow the leader snoozefests during long green flag runs since the leader gets plenty of clean air after a start or restart.

Ive been to Bristol, Daytona (went to the 500 this year which was awesome) and the famed Brickyard itself (which when I went had tires not lasting 10 laps on average sadly) aside from Michigan itself.

10 minutes ago, Triforcemaster3 said:

Final Scores for Matchday 2: 

Spira 6

Solana 2

Spira 2-0, Solana 0-2

Goldenrod 6

Raccoon City 5 f/10

Goldenrod 1-1, Raccoon City 1-1

Smashville 3

Doatec 2 

Smashville 2-0, Doatec 1-1

Hyrule 7