The Nintendo Baseball League

Triforcemaster3

At a press conference at National Stadium, a visibly shake Fuzzer made a sad announcement:

*clears throat*

Back on September 22, 2018 my father and stepmother would leave Howell, Michigan and head to Tennessee and Arkansas to begin what was to be exploring the great continent towing a camper, living basically as nomads.

Two months later, he would have pancreatitis, an inflammation of the pancreas and would also have his gallbladder removed. Sadly it would only get worse and he eventually would be transferred to UT Knoxville fighting for his life. My mother, grandmother and brother last weekend went down i-75 to Knoxville to see him knowing there was a grim possibility of losing him.

Sadly, on Tuesday December 4, 2018 my dad passed away at the young age of 51.

I would like to ask all of you to keep myself and my family in your prayers as his sudden death has left us shocked and saddned due to losing him at a young age. I will plan to continue managing the Coins as a way to keep my mind focused going forward through this difficult time.

Thank you.

Oh my goodness...Fuzzer, I am so sorry.  I am deeply saddened by this...my deepest condolences for your loss. I can hardly imagine losing a family member like that.  Virtually nobody in this world is closer to me than my dad.  

all NBL games for today are postponed as a result of this tragic event

Edited by Triforcemaster3

Asked how he was holding up in the days following the loss of his father on Tuesday, Fuzzer told reporters:

"I'm doing fine. Trying to maintain a normal life helps me not get too depressed, possibly leading to much worse things happening," clearly referrencing the possibility of suicide which he clarified as "not planning on happening anytime soon. I'm about to marry Daisy and she's been there for me during this tough time and also got sympathy from XLW and TM3 which is nice."

The King of Sarasaland also offered his condolences to the man set to marry his daughter saying to reporters in part, "I'm a father too and for Daisy it's going to be tough for her to bury me one day so I know the pain Fuzzer is going through."

Prior to tonight’s games, a moment of silence was held for the late father of Fuzzer.  In Sarasaland and Mushroom Kingdom (where the Savages are playing) there were particularly moving tributes, including video montages of Smashville and Sarasaland title wins where Fuzzer and his dad embraced on the field and over the dugout.

final Scores for Friday 12/7

On 12/6/2018 at 12:19 AM, XLW said:

Yoster Isle 9

Sarasaland 5

Trophy series - Mario WorldLand Cup 💰💰 

Smashville 6

Mushroom Kingdom 0

Megaman 5

Moleville 8

Mute City 4

Valley of Koopas 10

Neo Arcadia 2

Inkopolis 10

Nimbasa 4

Hyrule 8

Popstar 2

Bionis 7

Skyworld 7

Twilight 1

Zebes 4

Alrest 2

Los Angeles 8

Sonic 12

Celadon 6

Slateport 7

Trophy series - Kanto Hoenn Cup 🌊🌊

Kongo Jungle 6

Tokyo 8

Arendelle 7

Venom 5

Laurasia 4

Mayahem 11

Corneria 5

Great Plateau 2

Termina 3

Mekanos 7

IIf there are two people who have felt the pain of losing their father like what Fuzzer has been dealing with since Tuesday, it would be Fox and Krystal.

While Krystal wasn't part of the NBL games tonight as Sauria is in the Championship League instead of the main Premier League, Fox McCloud spoke to reporters in Great Plateau following the Starfighters 5-2 win.

"When I saw Fuzzer's announcement yesterday, it not only brought back sad memories of losing my father, James McCloud, but also those of Krystal losing her parents when Cerinia was destroyed. We both share the heartbreak and pain that Fuzzer is dealing with and send our thoughts and prayers towards him and his family. We are a tight knit community in the NBL and when such events happen, we stick close to those dealing with such tragedies."

One of my dad's favorite bands from when he was 12 years old was a rather unknown band from Kansas City called Shooting Star that sadly never hit the big time which is a shame.

One such song he really liked and called lead singer Van McLain's magnum opus is Last Chance from their 1980 self titled album. I am proud that I know about this band from my father because this band is one thing I'll always remember him for liking 

Final Scores for Game 1, Sat 12/8- 

Yoster Isle 9

Moleville 7

???

Smashville 5

Valley of Koopas 8

Megaman 8

Inkopolis 4

Mute City 4 

Hyrule 6

Neo Arcadia 4

Bionis 2

Nimbasa 5

Twilight Realm 8

Popstar 5

Alrest 10

Skyworld 8

Sonic 9

Zebes 5

Slateport 4

Los Angeles 5

Tokyo 7 

???

Celadon 10

Laurasia 7

Kongo Jungle 6

Arendelle 4

Mushroom Kingdom 4

Termina 0

Sarasaland 8

Corneria 6

Mekanos 2

Venom 1

Great Plateau 9

Mayahem 4 

Final Scores for Game 1, Sat 12/8- 

Yoster Isle 4

Moleville 6

???

Smashville 8

Valley of Koopas 7

Megaman 2

Inkopolis 5

Mute City 7

Hyrule 4

Neo Arcadia 8

Bionis 4

Nimbasa 4

Twilight Realm 7

Popstar 9

Alrest 6

Skyworld 3

Sonic 1

Zebes 3

Slateport 0

Los Angeles 3

Tokyo 2

???

Celadon 10

Laurasia 9

Kongo Jungle 6

Arendelle 9

Mushroom Kingdom 0

Termina 2

Sarasaland 9

Corneria 5

Mekanos 6

Venom 9

Great Plateau 10

Mayahem 5

Final Scores for Sun 12/9- 

Yoster Isle 9

Moleville 6

??? (Egg emoji)

Smashville 7

Valley of Koopas 0

Megaman 3

Inkopolis 9

Mute City 1

Hyrule 0

Neo Arcadia 4

Bionis 6

Nimbasa 8

Twilight Realm 4

Popstar 2

Alrest 0

Skyworld 9

Sonic 6

Zebes 7

Slateport 5

Los Angeles 5

Tokyo 10

??? (Headband emoji)

Celadon 7

Laurasia 4

Kongo Jungle 9

Arendelle 4

Mushroom Kingdom 2

Termina 0

Sarasaland 8

Corneria 1

Mekanos 1

Venom 4

Great Plateau 5

Mayahem 2

Four more series left. A lot of questions will be asked. 

Will Twilight Realm and Sarasaland come back to the playoffs? Is there any hope for Moleville? What about the new guys in the league? Who will be relegated to the championships? Will XLW stop playing Ultimate? What will happen with the new Avengers and Dragon Ball Z team in the Reserve Leagues? Who's doing well in the Championship and Reserve Leagues? What new teams will come by next season? And will Conker ever be redeemable? 

A lot of answers will come in the following weeks.  

(I bought a Daisy amiibo. I forgot the "for what" it's called, but it's about you Fuzzer and the recent passing of your father. 

I lost a few friends and my grandparents within the last decade, some more sadder and tragic than others. Heck, sophomore year was the... Anyways, I always treasure the memories I have of them, whether it's my grandmother/father seeing Enchanted, celebrating my grandfather's 100th birthday, going to a nearby cafe close to the beach with my grandfather, and playing with my dog out in the back yard. And if you ever feel alone, don't forget you have friends and family who are still there and care about you. Because maybe they too have lost some people they care about, and have the wisdom to help you out in your time of need.  

I know it's corny and probably horrible to put this song here, but...)  

Edited by XLW

Final Scores for Monday, December 10:  (I started compiling the standings on Sunday...got through the first 54 games but still have the last 15-ish remaining to cover. 

Yoster Isle 3

Laurasia 1

Megaman 4

Termina 0

Neo Arcadia 3

Great Plateau 6

Popstar 2

Venom 6

Zebes 4

Smashville 9

Celadon 6

Mute City 10