Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed Expansion Story - 4.25.23

• Chrom featured this topic

I can safely say, the combat in this expansion story pass is not a Torna situation where that was much better deal and fun too.

The battle system in Future Redeemed is complimentary to the standard game. I feel it neither adds or takes away anything that much the original battle system.

It would be rude to say, without a though that the Unity system as good as it is, is just a prototype to the Ouroboros. From a story perspective yes (it was mentioned in the game tutorial as is) This is a nice look back of the mechanic we know as the Ouroboros in the main game. So the compliment fits nicely here to the original battle mechanics.

Of course they have these Unity moves have a flashy name as the finisher like Hellstorm. Similar to Torna as well.

Well as Shulk would say: I've got a good rhythm going...with this battle system in Future Redeemed,;)

I loved XBC3, and I found myself much more engaged with FR than Torna… evidently since I haven’t even finished Torna yet. lol That ending was something else, and I loved how so much was tied together fairly well by the end.

One of my favourite moments:

Spoiler

For real though, when Rex showed up dual-wielding saying “ I like your attitude, kiddo”, I was clapping excitedly! lol

Finished the DLC Wednesday night I believe and I absolutely loved this ride.  I don't know if I like it or Torna more but both of those were better than Future Connected.  FC wasn't bad, it was great, the other two just happened to be greater.

I really enjoyed the party dynamic in this game and especially the banter between Matthew and A.  Some of the revelations were pretty good OMG moments but it still took me a couple of days of reflecting to truly understand this game's ties to the base game and the ending.  It's still such a great ride though; but I will say some of the deep cuts I don't quite understand and am curious about their implications for the future of the series (end game spoilers below):

Spoiler

The radio broadcast that is overheard when the gang is "in" Klaus' world, the original incarnation of Earth:

• Name drops for Coalition Government, Earth Colonization Project & Project Exodus which were from Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Legal matters around the Saviorites which references the Klaus experiment cutscene in Xenoblade Chronicles 2

But moreso, everything below is apparently linked to Xenosaga/Gears which I never played so I have no real idea about these:

• Philadelphia class mothership mention
  • Dmitri Yuriev mention
  • Destination of the transport ships (forgot the name of the galaxy

Also not what to make of the light falling to Earth after the ending showed the Earth reformed

9 hours ago, Kezay said:Finished the DLC Wednesday night I believe and I absolutely loved this ride.  I don't know if I like it or Torna more but both of those were better than Future Connected.  FC wasn't bad, it was great, the other two just happened to be greater.

I really enjoyed the party dynamic in this game and especially the banter between Matthew and A.  Some of the revelations were pretty good OMG moments but it still took me a couple of days of reflecting to truly understand this game's ties to the base game and the ending.  It's still such a great ride though; but I will say some of the deep cuts I don't quite understand and am curious about their implications for the future of the series (end game spoilers below):

Reveal hidden contents

The radio broadcast that is overheard when the gang is "in" Klaus' world, the original incarnation of Earth:

• Name drops for Coalition Government, Earth Colonization Project & Project Exodus which were from Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Legal matters around the Saviorites which references the Klaus experiment cutscene in Xenoblade Chronicles 2

But moreso, everything below is apparently linked to Xenosaga/Gears which I never played so I have no real idea about these:

• Philadelphia class mothership mention
  • Dmitri Yuriev mention
  • Destination of the transport ships (forgot the name of the galaxy

Also not what to make of the light falling to Earth after the ending showed the Earth reformed

It goes a bit deeper than that.

Spoiler

Xenosaga Episode III ends with a heavily-damaged KOS-MOS drifting through space, and waking up as she approaches Lost Jerusalem, aka Earth. The post-credits scene of Future Redeemed depicts a faint blue light drifting toward the newly-reunited worlds, which may indeed be KOS-MOS.

The radio that Na’el is listening to during that Future Redeemed cutscene has the logo for Vector Industries on it. Vector Industries is a major corporation within Xenosaga that, among other things, is where KOS-MOS was manufactured. Dimitri Yuriev is also a major character who has lived for thousands of years by body-surfing.

On top of all that, if you check the legal notifications on the game’s start-up menu, Bandai Namco (the current owners of the Xenosaga IP) are listed under “special thanks”.

Monolith seems to be implying that Klaus’s experiment and the disappearance of Lost Jerusalem are one and the same event. Xenoblade and Xenosaga may take place in the same universe.

18 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

It goes a bit deeper than that.

Reveal hidden contents

Xenosaga Episode III ends with a heavily-damaged KOS-MOS drifting through space, and waking up as she approaches Lost Jerusalem, aka Earth. The post-credits scene of Future Redeemed depicts a faint blue light drifting toward the newly-reunited worlds, which may indeed be KOS-MOS.

The radio that Na’el is listening to during that Future Redeemed cutscene has the logo for Vector Industries on it. Vector Industries is a major corporation within Xenosaga that, among other things, is where KOS-MOS was manufactured. Dimitri Yuriev is also a major character who has lived for thousands of years by body-surfing.

On top of all that, if you check the legal notifications on the game’s start-up menu, Bandai Namco (the current owners of the Xenosaga IP) are listed under “special thanks”.

Monolith seems to be implying that Klaus’s experiment and the disappearance of Lost Jerusalem are one and the same event. Xenoblade and Xenosaga may take place in the same universe.

Spoiler

That is wild if that is the implication.  I wonder if there is an opportunity for them to remake Xenosaga or even remaster it if there is a direct connection being suggested here.  My only real interaction with Xenosaga is the anime which was fairly confusing as I'm assuming they expected the audience to be coming into it already knowing context from the game.

By the way, I just gotta say, MonolithSoft are royalty when it comes to open world themes that hit just right:

Xenoblade Chronicles - Gaur Plain

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Gormott Province

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Millick Meadows

Future Redeemed - Aurora Shelf

The only ones that don't really stand out to me are from Future Connected and Torna, but otherwise all of the above playing as you hit some of the truly open areas of their respective games is just perfect.  XBC2 has the honor of also having Roaming the Wastes as an absolute banger of a second great field theme.

Finally beat this blasted DLC, I had to try to beat this game on hard. Well majority I did on hard and if I had more time with the last part of the final boss I could beat it ( I clearly have the endurance before it goes fury) It's just by chance by two attacks by the last boss, if my healers are gone, no go. So instead of trying to brute thru hard, went normal difficulty to finally see the end of this game before, TotK.

Spoiler

At the very end of the credits of the 2 worlds becoming one, I actually fucking shed a tear. That was beautiful.

Spoiler

So that who that light was, huh? I'm just like @Kezay, haven't played any of the previous Xeno series games. As for the references on the radio, I forgot some of that took place in the Xenoblade series tho, I have to admit it felt familiar, especially the Xenoblade X ones.

What is Monolith soft up to trying to conveniently connect all these name, concept and places under the "Xeno" banner. Now they up and done it.

This is far from over, huh?

Like Xenoblade will continue of course, just a new tale but adding in all this other lore from other Xeno series just muddles things for me. More so without any knowledge of Xenogears or Xenosaga. Thanks a lot Monolith Soft.

Edited by DLurkster

I dunno if there's answer to that.

In base game XC2, there's clear cutscenes during those chapters beginnings that are in Torna. There isn't anything like that in XC3.

I am only hazarding a guess but I would say shortly after you arrive in the City some ways into chapter 5. When you see how babies are created up till you go to bed in the building near that clinic in the City. By then you know of the City folk, relationships, parents, newborn, children and bonus would be either before or after going to bed scene; the liberators and Ouroboros Stone in the square.

All I what mentions pretty much pretty much sets you up to the DLC. 

21 hours ago, DLurkster said:
  Hide contents

So that who that light was, huh? I'm just like @Kezay, haven't played any of the previous Xeno series games. As for the references on the radio, I forgot some of that took place in the Xenoblade series tho, I have to admit it felt familiar, especially the Xenoblade X ones.

What is Monolith soft up to trying to conveniently connect all these name, concept and places under the "Xeno" banner. Now they up and done it.

This is far from over, huh?

Like Xenoblade will continue of course, just a new tale but adding in all this other lore from other Xeno series just muddles things for me. More so without any knowledge of Xenogears or Xenosaga. Thanks a lot Monolith Soft.

Spoiler

This is all assuming that there is truly some intent to connect all the games along the same thread.  In my very surface level research apparently Xenosaga was meant to be a six part series, originally.  It only got 3 games, it almost makes me wonder if Xenoblade was in some way meant to round that out or still being maintained as its own thing and maybe there are still plans to grow Xenosaga one day.  I'm talking about of pure ignorance of the other Xeno games so I'm probably completely off base, lol!

24 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Hide contents

This is all assuming that there is truly some intent to connect all the games along the same thread.  In my very surface level research apparently Xenosaga was meant to be a six part series, originally.  It only got 3 games, it almost makes me wonder if Xenoblade was in some way meant to round that out or still being maintained as its own thing and maybe there are still plans to grow Xenosaga one day.  I'm talking about of pure ignorance of the other Xeno games so I'm probably completely off base, lol!

Spoiler

I knew about the 6 part games for Xenosaga and believe you are not off base with Xenoblade and Xenosaga completing the 6.

Count how many mainline XC games and how many expansion story for each game and get back to me.;)