Super Lucky! Someone has a retail Switch console now. [Up: Not anymore lol]

1 minute ago, Bark of the Wild Eevee said:

I like the boot up snap more than I should. :P

Yeah I have to admit I really like that too, I'm glad they decided to use that. I also appreciate that small detail where the Joy-Con controllers from the logo zoom out to where they are on the actual console. Really illustrates how cool the Nintendo Switch logo is.

1 hour ago, Chrom said:

It's very possible that connecting online with the console could get him banned from the service, I think. I don't remember if Nintendo actually has a history of doing that, but I believe it's not impossible that could happen since I seem to remember that happening with other publishers before.

Not entirely the same case, but they did that with Sun/Moon when those games got leaked. People who did that had their entire 3DS banned from online services.

2 minutes ago, Chrom said:

Yeah I have to admit I really like that too, I'm glad they decided to use that. I also appreciate that small detail where the Joy-Con controllers from the logo zoom out to where they are on the actual console. Really illustrates how cool the Nintendo Switch logo is.

I didn't even notice that, that is a really cool detail. Someone needs credit for that design choice. XP

Startup noises probably aren't super important in the grand scheme, but I think they do help establish a brand, and absolutely have the ability to evoke positive feelings and memories later down the line. I remember PS1 and GCN sounds quite fondly, PS1's was pleasant, and GCN's sounded playful. PS2 and 360 was more of just a noise... I don't like them as much, but still, when I hear either one I immediately recognize it. Xbox One kept it's last gen sound effect, but I hard boot my Xbox so rarely that I had to turn it on just to be sure I wasn't remembering it wrong.

Xbox's 'kerplunk' sound effect for achievements, on the other had, always satisfying. :P  I think I like the new 'rare achievement' one even more, I got a few of those when playing Dishonored.

Just now, ライムネコマスター said:

Not entirely the same case, but they did that with Sun/Moon when those games got leaked. People who did that had their entire 3DS banned from online services.

Oh that's true, I had forgotten about that. With that in mind, it does seem like it'd just be wiser to not bother connecting online. Better safe than sorry.

I associate the Wii U's startup noises with long load times and that annoying sound the console makes when the disc drive starts spinning (or at least mine does). The way Nintendo Switch starts up is leagues better in part because it doesn't carry any baggage like that.

55 minutes ago, The Professor said:

Nintendo always has such satisfying sound effects for menu navigation. The UI looks nice and easy to navigate. I wonder if they'll add more themes like on the 3DS?

I'm going to say that yes there will likely be themes on Switch since its a nice moneymaker on 3DS. It will likely show up later though so we simply have to wait it out. I currently have a 64GB SD Card on my n3DS so I'll likely add a smaller card to the n3DS and put that 64GB card on my Switch.