London - N4A Chat Thread, April 2023

April

it's been on hold while i focus on reading for better jp gains, but i found this super cute ps1 rpg a lil while back that never got translated. and it takes place in the v cool fantasy setting of uh. london.
london seirei tanteidan

image.thumb.png.f5c881abf96291a99da6172e9c87a6c3.png

that's what i look like rn sleeping on whatever the hell is actually coming out this month idk there didn't seem to be much tbh

anyway it's april so i'm in charge of the thread ok i don't make the rules theydonothing;

• Spring pinned this topic

happy april gamers!! its finally warming up!!

also that rpg looks rly cute, i hope it gets translated one day

gaming objectives for da month:

-finish the Flowers series

-play more nier replicant

-find a new time waster game 

4 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

How is the remake?

Haven't beaten it yet, but I'm at the last stretch of the game. 

They kept most of the story note for note, but Lord Saddler has a more haunting presence, Ashley is a better written character, Luis has more of a presence in this game, Krauser appears a bit earlier, and Ramon Salazar actually looks both young and old. Leon and Ada seem note for note like their original counterpart. Like the REmake of 3, some set pieces are gone; but there are some new ones to replace those.  

The game looks and sounds nice, even if I did see some interesting glitches during gameplay.

The game also uses the current gameplay from the other REmakes. Gunpowder and mixing from those games are here too. The trusty combat knife Leon uses... can actually break, but there's a system where the player can repair it thanks to the merchant. The attache case from the original returns. The merchant and his shooting gallery return, and it's really fun. You can't shoot him however. A-  There are new enemies to change things up. Some bosses have become a little challenging because of the layout of their arenas. Parrying is a fun addition to combat, and most QTEs have been removed, except for the suplexing, cutting, and melee attacks. The quick turn could've been either removed, or on a different button layout, because in some situations, it was annoying. Especially during the Ramon fight. There's a lot of puzzles, but I don't know which were removed, are new, or have changed. The blue medallion stuff actually takes place during the whole game now, and the merchant actually has requests that reward the player with spinels to use for trades. Not a bad addition. Like the original game, there is a lot of focus on replayability. But, surprisingly, I didn't see a Mercenaries mode.   There's also DLC that costs about 20$ total, which includes the original music like the other games.  

Overall, it's a great remake. I think it stands tall with the original, and I thought remaking 4 would be a tall order, since the original is a great game to begin with. 

3 hours ago, Spring said:

happy april gamers!! its finally warming up!!

also that rpg looks rly cute, i hope it gets translated one day

gaming objectives for da month:

-finish the Flowers series

-play more nier replicant

-find a new time waster game 

it's really interesting cause everything is so vibrant and expressive but lots of things seem rushed. like the intro screen has no animation or music but then most of the game is really detailed. i think there were difficulties with the way the text worked that stopped ppl from translating in the past, so it'd have to wait til somebody really motivated comes around :v

16 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

RE4 remake is very good. I finished my first playthrough on hardcore and it blew my expectations out of the water. It's easily one of my favourite games ever. The game was fresh and challenging enough that at times it almost felt like playing the original 2005 release as a teenager haha.

im getting very tempted to buy it; i never beat the first one (i made it to the castle and ran out of bullets which was a great excuse for me to stop playing bc i was scared as hell) but my coworker has also been singing its praises to me and it sounds so fun hamcry; i get scared to easily but maybe if i just watched ty play it it'd be okay.....

Man, looking over the weekend i have a lot of crates/cases in TF2 - about or over 3 pages?

I don’t know the exact number right now

Going to have to buy keys for these at some point - no idea how much that will end up being…

_____

And yesterday i was playing more on my Minecraft world/ spent walking over 2,000 block but finally managed to find a Dark Oak Forest

So i spent several in game days/nights and ended up getting a a stack + 1 or Dark Oak Saplings and unintentionally ended up with i think around or over 10 stacks of Dark Oak Wood - might as well

Despite not having a compass, somehow i managed to get back home with out dying- thankfully i screenshotted coordinates … would have been completely lost without those

Think I’ve found around 10 different villages scattered about- never seen that many before… though I’ve rarely ventured that far out in previous worlds I’ve had so who knows how many villages were in those 

Found a completely intact shipwreck upright of some small sand part on my way back - that might be rare or not too common to come across - usually seen them underwater or completely broken 

Only one chest though as far as I could find

_________

Also it’s in the 70°s currently today

So nice and warm, and nicely breezy

Perfect weather considering I’m weather shorts and sandals today 

Just the weather I’ve been waiting for 

3 hours ago, Spring said:

im getting very tempted to buy it; i never beat the first one (i made it to the castle and ran out of bullets which was a great excuse for me to stop playing bc i was scared as hell) but my coworker has also been singing its praises to me and it sounds so fun hamcry; i get scared to easily but maybe if i just watched ty play it it'd be okay.....

Maybe it’s me, but the bosses seem tougher now that there’s not much QTEs and one more change made them seem harder. And their layouts are completely different.