3 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

New damage hero: Ashe

Intro video:

Reveal hidden contents

Origin video:

Reveal hidden contents

Animated short featuring Ashe and McCree:

Reveal hidden contents

She seems like a fun addition, though another sniper (sort of). Obviously though the best part of her kit is Bob (it's been confirmed that he can be healed, Zarya bubbled, and even Nanoboosted). Also every time there's a new animated short I'm just reminded of how much I want them to put them out on a consistent basis, they're always great.

She seems pretty neat. I'm looking forward to playing her in half a year when people stop picking her every match. :P  Also I've been waiting for McCree to have his animated short since Day 1. This makes me happy. 

In other news, the robot at the end of the short is rumored to be the next new character, and I hear they're working on five more after her. 

Was gonna post about the new hero earlier but forgot.

Still, even with those additions, I don’t see myself playing Overwatch that much more in the foreseeable future. Even the events and their skins have barely managed to keep my attention anymore (the novelty can only last for so long), and I certainly don’t see myself playing the December event much (if any) when Smash Ultimate is out. A new April story event, sure, but beyond that...

I guess the new hero hype in general has kinda died for me too when I’ve become more invested in other games and less so in this. Glad Overwatch isn’t backlogging other games and stuff for me anymore, at least.

I might throw $20 into the game's loot boxes once Ashe releases just out of support for her addition into the roster, if she hasn't already been released to all versions. I haven't watched any gameplay videos for her or the animated short, but I love her design. The next hero after her looks to be called Echo, and she has an interesting design too. Overwatch continues to produce some of the best female characters on top of an already memorable cast.

I hope the next story event or something does for Ashe what the Retribution event in last April did for Moira. Also looking forward to having yet another attempt at Uprising on legendary with the newly buffed Torbjorn when the time comes, who made beating the Junkenstein challenges this year pretty satisfying. Torb really needed those buffs/changes in general.

• 7 months later...

https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-cancels-starcraft-first-person-shoote-1835285125

So I guess an Overwatch 2 is happening, albeit at Starcraft's expense...

If I had to guess, the lack of people buying lootboxes anymore with the dwindling playerbase (even the new heroes and latest events receiving diminishing returns) is more or less the reason a sequel is happening. Hard to see them doing that big an update on something not nearly as many play anymore when a sequel for whatever expansion idea they got in mind would make them more money.

I hope the anti lootbox bill or whatever passes by the time Overwatch 2 comes out at least. I'm not going through another era of being conditioned to accept them (pay to win or "it's just cosmetics", doesn't matter). Not that I bought all that many for the first Overwatch, but still.

Just thinking about an Overwatch 2 is kinda making me queasy now, assuming it'll have the same system and everything as the original (the usual cycle of time limited events which is the only way you can experience the story, etc). I don't know, Blizzard would have to do something pretty different for a sequel for me to double dip, as this is how I'm feeling about it right now.

• 4 months later...

So I hear that for the next Blizzcon, Blizzard plans to try and fan the flames by revealing most of the things they had hidden, like the rumored/leaked Overwatch 2 that I posted about earlier, maybe another Starcraft or port of some kind; that kind of anticipated stuff...

Still, no matter what, don't let them live down the China situation. Resist the hype culture if you have to.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone catch wind of all the recent Overwatch 2 leaks and stuff? I expect it will officially be revealed at Blizzcon soon, but I urge everyone still to do what’s right. Resist the hype. I mean human rights (in the case of Hong Kong) is more important than a video game sequel, and Blizzard should still get theirs for siding with tyranny.