Favourite Offense?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Offense?

2. 2. Favourite Defense?

3. 3. Favourite Tank?

4. 4. Favourite Support?

I feel like I now have to finally play as Orisa before Doomfist comes to consoles, because she'll likely be forgotten about once he's in the roster at least for me. Having watched about an hour or so of gameplay already, Doomfist seems right up my alley as someone who loves Winston's Primal Rage and just beating enemy teams around. The mobility too is really damn cool to see and I'm looking forward to that quickness once I get the chance to play as him. Hopefully they'll bring back No Limits or some other mode into the Arcade to up the hero's availability once he is released out of the PTR, because I doubt I'll be able to get an opportunity to pick him otherwise with him being the newest hero and having an awesome, physical ability pool.

Edited by IU

I tend to play a lot of heroes that aren't too aim-intensive like Reinhardt and Junkrat. Doomfist seems right up my alley... plus he's just so cool! I can't wait to try him but will wait for the Live release so I don't get too attached to certain mechanics or strengths. What I'm really excited to see are his skins. I'm hoping he gets an awesome high tech Carbon Fiber skin like Orisa or Genji.

1 hour ago, IU said:

I feel like I now have to finally play as Orisa before Doomfist comes to consoles, because she'll likely be forgotten about once he's in the roster at least for me.

I would say now is the best time to get good at playing Orisa. Her abilities serve as the perfect counter to Doomfist. Fortify and Halt are perfect abilities to stop him from knocking your entire team around. 

• 3 weeks later...

Doomfist looks like he'll require a lot of team coordination and mechanics to use well.  He's Genji with worse damage mitigation and a massive hitbox, but ridiculous peeling and crowd control options.  If there's a Sombra or Reaper on the team I feel like he's going to get dumpstered, but he's going to be absolute Hell to deal with if you're a tank.

I'm totally going to play the shit out of him because I want to punch people, and disruption characters are typically my bag.

Edited by Mil Lily
  • 3 months later...

Not particularly hyped for her as I was for Doomfist, but seems she'll be an interesting support character. The recent animated short for Reinhardt (Honor and Glory) was also pretty good.

Had almost everything from this year's Halloween event. Dragon Symmetra and viking Torb were some last minute catches before I got back into Mario Odyssey...

Moira seems interesting. Seems like she's kind of pulling from a lot of other heroes (Ana's ability to hurt and heal, Reaper's teleport, Zenyatta's orbs) and she's even rocking a Sting Ray from Splatoon 2 as her ult. Could be a lot of fun, and I certainly don't mind having more options for healers.

I got a fair few Halloween skins over the event, though I didn't have the game this time last year so most of the skins I got were the old ones. I did pay credits for Zenyatta's cultist skin though, it's just too good to pass up.

• 3 months later...

Usually when a new hero comes out, I wait for the craze to die down before trying my own hand with the character, but I have to say, Brigitte has me psyched to jump in and play as her right away. I really like her tool kit. Tanking, heals, armor, and a stun seem like great utility by any standards. Having the best of both worlds as tank and healer is both interesting and something we haven't seen yet. I can see supplementing her ult with Lucio's could really push a point. 

And thus I am further annexed as the support main of my group. :P

Oh, was gonna post about the new character here earlier but forgot. Moira didn't do it for me at all (she's okay to use mechanically, but I just mean the anticipation for her), but Brigitte seems like a step up, though I guess now they be going for heroes that are basically a hybrid of others in terms of abilities...

Huh, I just noticed that they've never added a new defensive character.

Anyway Brigitte, like Moira, seems like a fun mix of other heroes' abilities. In particular I'm curious about how effective Rally will be as a twist on Lucio's Sound Barrier.

19 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Oh, was gonna post about the new character here earlier but forgot. Moira didn't do it for me at all (she's okay to use mechanically, but I just mean the anticipation for her), but Brigitte seems like a step up, though I guess now they be going for heroes that are basically a hybrid of others in terms of abilities...

I've recently taken a shine to Moira from a gameplay perspective. As a Mercy main myself, it's refreshing to be able to take a more offensive role as a healer. Though I'll give you that from a lore perspective, though, Moira's kind of lacking. The way they rolled out Doomfist was much more exciting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can’t complain about Overwatch’s character roster. They might get me to pick up the game again soon. As a fan of Winston, his “companion” character will be hard to resist. I imagine Hammond will end up being a tank as well with the mech, so he could play right into the style of play I’m most familiar with.

• 4 months later...

New damage hero: Ashe

Intro video:

Spoiler

Origin video:

Spoiler

Animated short featuring Ashe and McCree:

Spoiler

She seems like a fun addition, though another sniper (sort of). Obviously though the best part of her kit is Bob (it's been confirmed that he can be healed, Zarya bubbled, and even Nanoboosted). Also every time there's a new animated short I'm just reminded of how much I want them to put them out on a consistent basis, they're always great.