Pokémon Bank to receive update for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon and Pokémon Virtual Console games in January 2017

Chrom

Source

The Pokémon Company today reuploaded a trailer for Pokémon Bank, but within this trailer's description, it stated the timing for the special update to Pokémon Bank that will add support for Pokémon Sun & Moon, as well as Pokémon Red, Green, Blue & Yellow. This update is currently tentatively schedule for January 2017, later than the autumn timing that was stated in the Pokémon Direct back in February.

It appears that they've made an adjustment to the timing as to when you'll be able to retrieve your old Pokémon from Pokémon Bank in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, so now there's a big grace period in which you won't be able to do that.

Thoughts on this? I personally don't mind this and think it may be for the best.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon release for Nintendo 3DS on November 18.

Discuss.

2DjNDUb.png

This might not mean anything, but I checked out the trailer and noticed that Pokémon Black Version 2 is displayed on the menu screen as if it were downloaded instead of inserted as a Nintendo DS game card (which uses a different, distinct graphic around the game icon). Would be kind of neat to actually see this be a thing, but I could see this being something superficial for the sake of demonstration.

41 minutes ago, LimeCatMaster said:

I mean, there are plenty of other Pokemon games they could have thrown there. Gen 6 as awell as spinoffs are actually on 3DS. Maybe the delay wasn't just to accommodate SuMo and RBY, but also EVERY gen?

That could be. It would be great if it were the case.

5 minutes ago, Jun The Bob-Omb Ace said:

Huh.. this sucks. Luckily I have $10 worth of Eshop credit left in my account so it's alright.

Cool. Pokemon Bank is worth getting. I have it on my main 3ds and just transfer between systems what I want to trade over. And it's great for extra storage.

1 minute ago, Jun The Bob-Omb Ace said:

I'm still wondering how on earth would they pull off that Gen 1 transfer, some Pokémon can be really OP there.

You and me both. Maybe they're able to adjust it during the transfer somehow. It's just awesome that they're able to do so.